Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, I know there was a bug that shows Denim in the Extras + info screen. I just got a used Icon off ebay, reset it and loaded DP. After all the updates a factory reset, and a couple reboots my extras + info shows Cyan. Is this the same bug that was showing Denim? I assume so since it sounds like they aren't going to ship Cyan for some time yet.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, I know there was a bug that shows Denim in the Extras + info screen. I just got a used Icon off ebay, reset it and loaded DP. After all the updates a factory reset, and a couple reboots my extras + info shows Cyan. Is this the same bug that was showing Denim? I assume so since it sounds like they aren't going to ship Cyan for some time yet.

Can you post a screenshot of your extras+info page?

I personally have not heard of phones showing "Cyan" by error. Only "Denim." But I suppose it's possible.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to find out is posting the firmware version from the about section. Also since you've recently bought the phone, download an app called SysApp Pusher and download/update all Nokia system apps using it

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The easiest way to find out is posting the firmware version from the about section. Also since you've recently bought the phone, download an app called SysApp Pusher and download/update all Nokia system apps using it

Yes. The firmware version is what counts. 1028.3566.1417.0047 is what is most current official version. Can you screen shot your about screen?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I understand but 3,4 or 5 months to fix bugs???

imho I bet this whole update situation and squashing bugs with 8.1/cyan on the network with the Icon could have been dealt with months ago but the main reason we are waiting this long is because Verizon has devoted minimal resources to work on anything to do with WP

Do you realize how many lines of code a developer has to go through?

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Do you realize how many lines of code a developer has to go through?
as I said I understand, my point was that it was taking 4-5 months for them to fix these bugs/update was more likely imho a result of what a low priority Verizon considers anything to do with WP than the complexity of the code

Last edited:

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The firmware version is what counts. 1028.3566.1417.0047 is what is most current official version. Can you screen shot your about screen?

Yep, that is what I have. Looks like this is the same bug that was showing Denim,though mine doesn't go away despite multiple reboots. Oh well, I will keep hoping for the real thing to be released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb