Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Zero chance that Verizon is looking to re-brand the phone with Cyan or Denim.

and you know this how ? Let me guess your a customer service rep for Verizon....If so, refer to my last post :)

I expect to see the Icon on overstock.com or newegg.com for $99 no contract soon, lol.

And that would s.u.c.k.....Just a nice way to de-value a high end phone... So my phone I could of sold for $200 a year and 1/2 from now will be worth $50...

Thanks Verizon, maybe I should sue them for the difference...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I just ordered the 1520.3 from B&H for $500. Few weeks to get here, figure I can cancel if they release Cyan beforehand and if not will just sell my Icon. Unlocked GSM from now on

Got mine from B&H last Thursday. Love it. 32GB and 64 GB SD. Tiptoeing through the tulips.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine for at least a week now. Its a great phone. I do have the scroll/tap issue, but its minor. Its not bad enough to be annoying. I haven't attempted to mess with sensitivity options and for all I know that would fix it.

Yeah I just ordered the 1520.3 from B&H for $500. Few weeks to get here, figure I can cancel if they release Cyan beforehand and if not will just sell my Icon. Unlocked GSM from now on

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll believe it when I see it. And probably won't update until I see user reports.

I hate to abandon WP but at this point I'm trying to get into an iPhone 6. Vzw screwed me on edge though so maybe not.

Yeah I'm on the droid turbo now. Great phone but I really really miss windows.

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
How does the camera on the Droid Turbo match up to the Icon?

It's a 20MP camera as well that seems to take pretty good pictures, but for the moment resamples those pictures to 8MP. When Android 5.0 comes out for it with RAW/DNG support I would assume that you could get to the full resoultion image just like you can with the Lumia.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It's a 20MP camera as well that seems to take pretty good pictures, but for the moment resamples those pictures to 8MP. When Android 5.0 comes out for it with RAW/DNG support I would assume that you could get to the full resoultion image just like you can with the Lumia.

LOL, you'll get rid if it before Android 5.0 is released by VZW because you'll be tired of waiting...

Brenda Smeby

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
They edged up the wrong line when I got my 928 last November and when I went to edge up to the Icon, said I didn't have ab edge contract on my 928 so I could edge up to Icon. I discovered that I was paying TWO edge contracts a few months ago and every time I call about it I get this BS that the store mgr has to look into it. He was supposed to call me yesterday. I'm still waiting on that call.

Spirk

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours yesterday asking for detailed information about Windows Phone. I was very polite and calm because angry people aren't taken seriously over the phone. I was transferred maybe a dozen times while they tried to find someone that does that does the actual testing of new a device's and/or software's impact on their network. They found people actively testing Android Lollipop but no one had any knowledge of Windows Phone 8.1 being currently tested because "the tests ended when the M8 was approved." They told me they would research it further and get back to me. They did all this because I gave them the account number for the city's business plan for over 10,000 devices, which I manage.

I told them I was dissatisfied with Verizon's current support for Windows Phone and would like to cancel my plan. They flipped out. I don't have the authority to end the city's Verizon plan and had to tell them I meant exactly what I said - MY plan. While the city does have Windows phones, they are owned by the IT department and are used only to support the VERY few people who specifically request a WP device instead of an iPhone.

I thought I would get more information by using a high-dollar account but was told the same thing the CSRs at the corporate store told me. This directly contradict's Joe's tweet so I'm confused. I will of course repeat this activity once a week until the CIO or the Mayor (oh crap) gets word and tells me to stop.

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours yesterday asking for detailed information about Windows Phone. I was very polite and calm because angry people aren't taken seriously over the phone. I was transferred maybe a dozen times while they tried to find someone that does that does the actual testing of new a device's and/or software's impact on their network. They found people actively testing Android Lollipop but no one had any knowledge of Windows Phone 8.1 being currently tested because "the tests ended when the M8 was approved." They told me they would research it further and get back to me. They did all this because I gave them the account number for the city's business plan for over 10,000 devices, which I manage.

I told them I was dissatisfied with Verizon's current support for Windows Phone and would like to cancel my plan. They flipped out. I don't have the authority to end the city's Verizon plan and had to tell them I meant exactly what I said - MY plan. While the city does have Windows phones, they are owned by the IT department and are used only to support the VERY few people who specifically request a WP device instead of an iPhone.

I thought I would get more information by using a high-dollar account but was told the same thing the CSRs at the corporate store told me. This directly contradict's Joe's tweet so I'm confused. I will of course repeat this activity once a week until the CIO or the Mayor (oh crap) gets word and tells me to stop.

I have been working with my Verizon business manager about the update and windows phone and here is the response I received:

I spoke with my Solutions Architect and she was able to speak with Microsoft.

Please read the e-mail below.

Just spoke directly with Microsoft and there is no official date as of yet. The Windows 8.1 version is still in testing and Windows and Verizon are working on getting the update released as soon as possible. There is a beta test available however, if a customer installs the version it would obviously void the warranty so we would advise against this option. The only thing that could be recommended at this time is to check the below website to inform of any release dates, as soon as releases become available this website will be updated.

Availability in North America - Nokia

Please e-mail me any questions you may have.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe these people actually have a clue over all CSRs who are pretty much talking out their "butts".

So, a coming soon is better than never.... Just wish they are working on Denim over Cyan....as I am really looking forward to "Hey Cortana" and quicker camera shots. One biggest hates about the ICON or any Nokia phone I have had (928 and ICON), the delay in taking a photo, 85% of the time makes me "Miss the moment".

When I get the photo, it looks great 98% of the time but, what is the point if you almost always miss what your trying to get ?

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been working with my Verizon business manager about the update and windows phone and here is the response I received:

I spoke with my Solutions Architect and she was able to speak with Microsoft.

Please read the e-mail below.

Just spoke directly with Microsoft and there is no official date as of yet. The Windows 8.1 version is still in testing and Windows and Verizon are working on getting the update released as soon as possible. There is a beta test available however, if a customer installs the version it would obviously void the warranty so we would advise against this option. The only thing that could be recommended at this time is to check the below website to inform of any release dates, as soon as releases become available this website will be updated.

Bolded Part = Developer Preview.

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think this phone has some sort of hardware bug that is causing the holdup. Which is a shame, it's a beautiful phone and I love mine. Will never have a personal phone on Verizon wireless, have no choice with current phone as that is who my employer has a contract with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss