Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
By the way Kieran Coghlan, we're gonna need you to extract that firmware and upload it for all of to download. :evil::grincry:

Kieran Coghlan

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'll take a beta of Denim !! Send it over, as long as I get Hey Cortana and 4K recording, I will be fine (and very happy)

Well it seems like my phone has the latest firmware version (if not build date) and it doesn't have "hey cortana" or 4K video recording (that I can find anyway). So you mightn't be too happy.

Also, to all you blaming VZW for dragging their feet: my firmware came from within Nokia (build date in July) so if they didn't have these features in Denim by July maybe they are still working out the final finishing touches.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4K video recording. I think it's a waste of phone resources and storage space. But "hey cortana" would be convenient to have. At the very least she should start listening as soon as I open the app. As it is now, I have to start the cortana app, then touch the mic icon for her to listen (and honestly her voice recognition is not nearly as good as Google Now ... at least for my voice. GN hardly ever messed up understanding me. I have to repeat myself with Cortana all the time.)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well it seems like my phone has the latest firmware version (if not build date) and it doesn't have "hey cortana" or 4K video recording (that I can find anyway). So you mightn't be too happy.

Personally I couldn't care less about 4K video recording. I think it's a waste of phone resources and storage space. But "hey cortana" would be convenient to have. At the very least she should start listening as soon as I open the app. As it is now, I have to start the cortana app, then touch the mic icon for her to listen (and honestly her voice recognition is not nearly as good as Google Now ... at least for my voice. GN hardly ever messed up understanding me. I have to repeat myself with Cortana all the time.)

Oh, no question a deal killer for me, Really looking forward to "Hey Cortana", when driving down the road I want to send my wife a text etc...

4K recording is fine with me and I look forward to it, as will have a 4K tv in about 2 weeks (if everything goes as scheduled) and with video, the higher res, it's easier to work with (as you can always down convert it but, can never up convert it)

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Surprising myself, I am becoming convinced that what we are actually going to get perhaps in January/February from Verizon is essentially a chained update to Denim. I'm surmising that whatever has transpired over the last couple months has more to do with the timing of the arrival of Denim rather than the red herring of the Verizon apps not being functional under Cyan. Believe me, I know how irrational and optimistic this is but I need something to grasp upon.:eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss