Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Or they could just do what they did with the Motorola razr HD and give it kitkat after almost a year from release/announcement. You would think denim would be released faster than cyan since it would be just a firmware update instead of an os upgrade + firmware. I could only imagine how long it would take to get 10.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy getting SOME good news, and it being with a timetable (vague as it may be) is a bonus. I can wait, I still have 16 months left on my contract... it was the complete lack of information that bugged me the most at this point.

Obsidial

May 14, 2014
Visit site

No kidding...like other posters have said, early 2015 might mean anything...1st quarter, 1st half.

I'm done with Verizon and the Icon unfortunately, and perhaps WP altogether...reminds me of being a S60 fan from years back. You KNOW you're running an awesome OS and device...but a confluence of factors conspire to kill the platform.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No kidding...like other posters have said, early 2015 might mean anything...1st quarter, 1st half.

I'm done with Verizon and the Icon unfortunately, and perhaps WP altogether...reminds me of being a S60 fan from years back. You KNOW you're running an awesome OS and device...but a confluence of factors conspire to kill the platform.

I'm glad that they released it for 822 & 928 users. The more phones with the update, the better.

I'm going to AT&T in February, likely before Verizon releases the update for their flagship Lumia. And good fricken riddance...

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Well I was kinda right about Verizon being the first US carrier to release Denim. I bet we get it in January for our ICONs. I'm just glad they said something. I'm excited about it.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I bet we still dont see it until the 1 year since release mark.

Mid February is still "early 2015"

exactly early 2015 can mean a couple of months still :straight:

I'll take it though at least we will get Denim instead of having to go through the release of Cyan and then having to wait for VZ to test and release the Denim OTA because who knows how long that would have taken at the snails pace VZ is moving with WP updates

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Now for the real question. Will VZW get the Icon back or another Flagship or is this the end?

Honestly I dont care. The Icon is enough phone for me for a long time, im going to Pay off my phone from the edge program and enjoy a cheeper bill for a while. I kinda hope they dont get another flagship so I'm not tempted to buy it haha.

Meat Sammiches

May 29, 2014
Visit site
So for those of us on the Developer Preview, should we go back to 8.0 then grab the Denim? Or just go straight to Denim from the preview? I don't know what I should do.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So for those of us on the Developer Preview, should we go back to 8.0 then grab the Denim? Or just go straight to Denim from the preview? I don't know what I should do.

I'm not sure. I guess we can see what the 928 users on DP have to do before getting the update today. I'll do a hard reset anyway and start from fresh once we do get it.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold on.. Are they saying us Icon user aren't going to get anything until 2015, even though we are the ones on the newer hardware?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad that they released it for 822 & 928 users. The more phones with the update, the better.

I'm going to AT&T in February, likely before Verizon releases the update for their flagship Lumia. And good fricken riddance...

Outta curiosity, will you be purchasing a subsidized device from ATT, or will you buy unlocked from Microsoft?

Or will you be switching platforms?

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Whoa whoa whoa.. Hold on.. Are they saying us Icon user aren't going to get anything until 2015, even though we are the ones on the newer hardware?

welcome to the outstanding customer experience and the obvious top priority VZ considers the WP platform :winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss