Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I was so content with holding on to 8.0 until I saw the release for VLC player and got excited to download it but couldn't because it's only for 8.1.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they've updated the North America availability site. It shows Verizon's Lumia phones as having Denim and Black (Icon).

Availability in North America - Nokia

Now I have a silly question. I was at the local Best Buy this morning and was looking at the AT&T WP they had on display. They had an AT&T Lumia 830 running Denim. The above mentioned website doesn't even show that AT&T has the 830 yet. What am I missing?

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they've updated the North America availability site. It shows Verizon's Lumia phones as having Denim and Black (Icon).

Availability in North America - Nokia

Now I have a silly question. I was at the local Best Buy this morning and was looking at the AT&T WP they had on display. They had an AT&T Lumia 830 running Denim. The above mentioned website doesn't even show that AT&T has the 830 yet. What am I missing?

Well, the 830 had Denim preinstalled, and hasn't had any firmware updates yet, which is what that site is meant for.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. That makes sense. I would have thought it would still be on the availability site just to show current firmware versions available in the US and Canada.

pbphotos

May 28, 2014
Visit site
pfd = Preview For Developers

If you go to windowsphone dot com you can search Preview for developers and install the app if you want to get 8.1 pfd version on your phone. Not required but some have done it so they can have be close to having the latest updates. I did it on my 920 and never had a problem and loved being current.

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok. That makes sense. I would have thought it would still be on the availability site just to show current firmware versions available in the US and Canada.

I could be wrong, I was only making a guess at why it may not be there. The Europe page shows the 830, so it could just be that the 830 was temporarily missed on the US page.

tallarob

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
For Christmas last year I got a Fitbit as did my wife and daughter. Since they both had iPhones they were able sync to their phones and they made fun of me because my Lumia 928 couldn't. Knowing Cyan was being released, I told them just wait a couple of weeks and I'll be able to do it as well. Weeks came and went and I still couldn't sync my phone and Fitbit. Ended up losing my Fitbit and updating my 928 to an Icon. Just got a new Fitbit this Christmas and, guess what? I still can't sync my Fitbit to my phone.
I love my Windows phone, but this is the big problem. Unless Microsoft can close this app gap and update cycle, I'm afraid WP may be doomed.
Looking forward to my Denim update. Hopefully, I won't be saying the same thing next year at this time!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077