Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

miketworld929

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I could not go back to the 928 even with Denim. My icon has updated a couple of good times now. The tittle stayed the the same it still says Lumia Black but I have Cortana and what seems to be all other features of 8.1 :)

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
He actually was pretty helpful, I opted to have the transcript e-mailed to me, but I never got it.

He tried to sell me on the LG G3 or the M8 for windows. He did say that he saw an update for the Icon as "coming" in the database so that's something i guess.

If the e-mail shows up I'll post it :p

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps you missed my sarcasm. Many of us have suspected a poor MSFT/VZW relationship. This pretty much confirms something's up.

Verizon on Lumia Windows Phones 'We have temporarily sold out online' | Windows Central

It really is unbelievable

In all of my years using wireless services I can't remember seeing a carrier that seems to be doing everything in their power to marginalize a specific line of phones or OS

we will hopefully still get Denim and then I am expecting exactly zero support of any kind for any windows phone from Verizon and we will be on our own till hopefully we get access to DP 10 around Spring/Summer 2015

the next headline from Verizon will probably be the ATIV SE and the M8 have been removed because they are 'out of stock' also

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Hey Red, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air of the Night"
about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning
but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Hey Red, I drank a fifth of vodka, you dare me to drive?
You know the song by Phil Collins, "In the Air of the Night"
about that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning
but didn't, then Phil saw it all, then at a show he found him?
That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drowning
Now it's too late - I'm on a 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy
Not that it matters but this song was wrote by Phil when he was having marital problems noting to do with drowning. Cant wait for Denim

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So will we see Win10 PFD before Denim firmware?

Absolutely not. Win10 for phones is a long time away... I'm not sure it will even be out this year. Win10 is rumored for a fall release, at best. And unlike Win10 for PCs, Microsoft will not want to send out a beta version to the public on phones (PfD for WP8.1 was the release version, not beta).

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely not. Win10 for phones is a long time away... I'm not sure it will even be out this year. Win10 is rumored for a fall release, at best. And unlike Win10 for PCs, Microsoft will not want to send out a beta version to the public on phones (PfD for WP8.1 was the release version, not beta).

Hmmmm....That is a maybe, as we are hearing the announcement on Jan 21st, it's a big MAYBE but, I don't think so.. Remember, this would be a "Preview Program" so it's possible they allow a preview of Windows phone 10 is...

Where is Denim, we are 10 days into the new year and still nothing ??? I wonder what they are defining as Early 2015.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett