Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm....That is a maybe, as we are hearing the announcement on Jan 21st, it's a big MAYBE but, I don't think so.. Remember, this would be a "Preview Program" so it's possible they allow a preview of Windows phone 10 is...

Where is Denim, we are 10 days into the new year and still nothing ??? I wonder what they are defining as Early 2015.....

Maybe I was right ? (I'm never right when it comes to my wife :/ )
Mary Jo Foley says Windows Mobile 10 public preview coming soon

There is very few people that I would trust when it comes to news for WP being true and Mary Jo Foley is one of them.....

If we close this thread, is someone going to start the "Official 8.1/Emerald for the Icon" thread first?

I am assuming Emerald is WP 8.1 update 2..... but, you cant because the rumor is it's been canceled...because of Windows Mobile 10 preview (or WP10, who knows at this point)

http://wmpoweruser.com/rumour-wp8-1-update-2-cancelled/

Darrell Blackwood1

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Like the majority of you on this forum, I too have been waiting for the WP 8.1 update for my Icon. My family currently has 3 WP’s. Two 928’s and one 929. Earlier this year we had updated all with Developers Preview and have enjoyed using the new features.

Now even though Verizon no longer has these phones available on their website, they are being sold directly through Microsoft Store for Verizon. Check it out.

And we have had numerous phones over the years (iPhone, Android – over and over) but we all LUV OUR WINDOWS PHONES.
Now I’m just waiting to get a Microsoft Band.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I hate to interrupt this thread's death spiral, but does anyone know how big this update is going to be since it includes both cyan and denim?

When I updated my 822 to Denim a couple weeks ago, the download via Software Recovery Tool was 4 Gigabytes.

ETA: Once the download was complete, the actual update process (gear spinning, plus migrating data) was very quick...much quicker than 8.0 to PfD 8.1 ...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You should go to a Microsoft Store and try one on first. It's horribly uncomfortable.

Off topic here. But I'd like to add my two cents on this. I don't own a Band, but I went to the Microsoft Store and tried it on. I found it to be extremely comfortable. Like a cushion on my wrist. Comfort is subjective.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Will we get Denim before Win10 and if not will Win10 work on Black?

this is the question and I guess we will find out because if the rumor by Mary Jo about some windows 10 phone preview coming around 1/21 is correct coupled with the fact that I have no confidence in Verizon pushing out 8.1.1/Denim this month we will be the only people on the planet with a flagship device lucky enough to test WP 10/Black :straight:

Abhimanyu Gupta

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought lumia Icon and using it on a different network(Vodafone India). Is there any way to get denim update whenever it is released.

I have already searched forums but did not find any specific answer.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I bought lumia Icon and using it on a different network(Vodafone India). Is there any way to get denim update whenever it is released.

I have already searched forums but did not find any specific answer.

The update will be available as usual from 'phone update' in settings. I've been using a Lumia Icon overseas on a different network since April 2014.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This phone is an exclusive carrier model. The firmware is released when the carrier approves it regardless of any other place or carrier you use it with. So until Verizon says its a go, you will not be able to get it until then.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Maybe I was right ? (I'm never right when it comes to my wife :/ )
Mary Jo Foley says Windows Mobile 10 public preview coming soon

There is very few people that I would trust when it comes to news for WP being true and Mary Jo Foley is one of them.....

I am assuming Emerald is WP 8.1 update 2..... but, you cant because the rumor is it's been canceled...because of Windows Mobile 10 preview (or WP10, who knows at this point)

Rumour: WP8.1 Update 2 cancelled

We must have married sisters. LOL

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
absolutely not. Win10 for phones is a long time away... I'm not sure it will even be out this year. Win10 is rumored for a fall release, at best. And unlike win10 for pcs, microsoft will not want to send out a beta version to the public on phones (pfd for wp8.1 was the release version, not beta).

LOL. We'll see if this prediction holds true. ;)

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
You know what is really awesome?

It's almost Build time again, and Lumia Icon still has no official WP8.1 Release with Cyan.

A whole ******* YEAR later and NOthing.

Question, is it really Verizon or Microsoft holding this release back?

Is it time to realize that niether really gives a **** about those of us that invested in this device and platform?ii
Maybe Microsoft is in over ther heads.

Or maybe MS needs to come out in the open and tell Verizon to go **** themselves? Something I will be doing when my contract is up.

Or maybe I/we need to jump ship and go to iPhone (never Android).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss