Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So far, nothing today. I even installed "Nokia Software Update for retail" on my work computer, as soon as Verizon releases it (even if not nation wide) it should be listed in there. No change as of now...

Never really bothered with checking every day, till the last few days, because I feel we are close....very close...

When will soon be now ?????

Checked the Verizon site....Dam they are just as bad as this thread...
https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/windows/nokia-lumia-icon

While I'm waiting on updates... Anyone know of a good Windows Phone watch?

Yea, as other said, there is another forum for this but, don't get your hopes up, the only one that fully works with WP is the Microsoft Band....and that is more of a fitness band than a watch.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So far, nothing today.

When I woke up this morning my arm was tingling. I wasn't sure if it was because I slept on it funny, or if denim was being released today. I'm wearing my denim boxer briefs today just in case.

They are not comfortable, so you should all be thankful for this ritual sacrifice that I am making.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When I woke up this morning my arm was tingling. I wasn't sure if it was because I slept on it funny, or if denim was being released today. I'm wearing my denim boxer briefs today just in case.

They are not comfortable, so you should all be thankful for this ritual sacrifice that I am making.

LOL, I hope it's worth it :)

Heavens_Angel26

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I plan on skipping the denim update (since Verizon never cared about us Icon users) if Windows 10 comes with Lumia Camera 5.

I've talked and argued with my cousin, who works at Verizon Wireless call center as a Tech Support. He gave me nothing but B.S. excuses on why Verizon is taking too long to release the update and why they stopped selling Windows Phones on the webpages. He told me because nobody wants them and it wouldn't make any sense for VZW to support an unwanted phone or OS. Then I pointed out on why are they still selling Blackberry devices, and the excuse was because people still use their emails, and then argued that didn't make any sense as Blackberry's sales and market shares are a lot worst than Windows Phones. Last straw, was he's telling me how people want Android phones because of all the features and apps they have......

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
one more reason to be excited for Denim: enables the fitbit app to count your steps from SensorCore

here's hoping that "early 2015" doesn't mean June 30.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I plan on skipping the denim update (since Verizon never cared about us Icon users) if Windows 10 comes with Lumia Camera 5.

What do you mean you plan on skipping it? Denim is a firmware update to accompany WP8.1. Your phone needs it to work better with the software. It's like skipping a crucial class in school to get your degree.

Danbradford7

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean you plan on skipping it? Denim is a firmware update to accompany WP8.1. Your phone needs it to work better with the software. It's like skipping a crucial class in school to get your degree.
Unfortunately, he's right. Comparing battery life on black to cyan on 8.1 is like night and day. I just hope Microsoft starts pushing firmware updates with the phone insider app. That's the only reason I can see then changing apps.

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
The thing that really bothers me is this - both the 822 and the 928 both have Denim, so we know the CDMA radios work, the 930 also has Denim, so that hardware works. But the Icon is so unique, so radical, that VZW and/or MS cannot get Denim to work on the Icon?

tomworthjr

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
At the end of Daniel's interview with the guy in charge of Lumia camera wizardry, Juha Alakarhu, he verified that we should see Denim on all "current flagships" (the last word was hard to understand, but I think that's what Daniel said; earlier in the interview, they did specifically mention it would go to the Icon) by the end of Q1 (which is March 31, for those of you not familiar with quarters). As he was saying that, Juha nodded his head in agreement. That seems pretty solid to me.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The thing that really bothers me is this - both the 822 and the 928 both have Denim, so we know the CDMA radios work, the 930 also has Denim, so that hardware works. But the Icon is so unique, so radical, that VZW and/or MS cannot get Denim to work on the Icon?

I've always believed that, even though I love my ICON there are hardware issues with it. And those issues aren't corrected easily with software. Although we can speculate all day we may never know for sure just my belief. If taking this long means we get a good working Denim update for the ICON I don't mind waiting.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

I thought the holdup was that there were issues with the VZ specific apps - VZ Navigator, MyVerizon, etc...I'm assuming it's taking the Icon longer because it gets more features that could still be messing with those apps...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss