Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Technically, neither has Verizon. The Denim update on the two phones they did were in name only.

That said, AFAIK, the Icon is only 8.1 ready phone...in the world...that has received no update at all.

Well, those phones received 8.1, right (I don't remember)? That's a major update.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
but they didn't. Icon is officially on 8. not 8.1

He was referring to the 822 and 928. Verizon released "Denim" for those phones and not the ICON. Although not many new features from Denim actually made it to the 822 and 928 but they did get an official 8.1 update and a bundled CYAN (from what I understand) while we ICON user are still using the DP for 8.1.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm tired of waiting for "insert current firmware/OS here" on the Icon. Maybe they will skip "aforementioned update" for "whatever follows." Insert and repeat when feeling optimistic.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon just announced Denim for the Icon will require HoloLens so that the user can look at their phone and pretend it has the latest firmware.

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Maybe, if they can't push it themselves, maybe enough people can request it in the insider feedback app to pressure Verizon to release it

Danbradford7

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Okay, this is weird, I chatted with a Verizon representative about the update, and she would not answer to it. All she would say is that she does not have access to the info, and to call support.

fatrat727

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
After watching todays event, I realize owning a windows phone is nothing but owning a test device. Its like we are lab rats. We are coming up on 10. If 10 preview gets out before our denim why the hell would we need denim? To use a fitbit? 4K video? That stuff should be in 10 preview one would think. But I could be wrong and we get Denim tommorow or they might say you need Denim for 10 preview lol. Double screwed at that point. Lab rats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99