Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
did I miss something . At&t hasn't sent out the denim update to the 1520 as yet. there sill waiting as well..

The 1520.3 is an unlocked, Latin American version of the 1520. It comes with 32gb storage & built in Qi charging. So it doesn't receive it's updates from AT&T, but rather from Microsoft directly. It hasn't received Denim yet, but it has received Cyan.

AT&T actually released Cyan, along with 8.1, for their 1520 in August. Microsoft released Cyan to the Latin American 1520.3 in July. About seven months ago...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think that was the joke. :wink:

I'm getting dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a 1520.3 and switching to AT&T early.

Release this crap now, Verizon.

I did just that but went with Straight Talk. Either way, I have no confidence in Verizon regarding any updates and certainly not any future WP support from them.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If you get the .3 and are so adventurous, you can flash the Finland CV and get Denim immediately. I have so much on my .3 and have it set up like I want that I will wait for the MS official release. If I were to start anew, I would do the Finland flash now.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So did I. Put them on did a little rain dance, checked for updates, took them off and threw them in the laundry basket.

I'm feeling like this is the week.

That the once fiery Ed Bott is being positive and expectant after a conversation with Belfiore gives me some hope that it's going to be very soon.

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
It's always been more than testing. The idea that he's not allowed to talk about it implies, IMHO, that it was more than technical from the start. My guess is someone at VZW and/or MS was an amateur project manager and dropped the ball on basic scheduling and requirements. Instead of saying "whoops, we dun goofed" very publicly, they decided to keep the matter internal. Better to keep their mouth shut and have everyone think them an idiot, than to open their mouth and confirm it.

Framling

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I just put it together, guys. I found out at work a couple weeks ago that our entire team is being moved next month, from individual single-occupancy offices, to one big shared team room with sixteen people or so in it.

Obviously the firmware that will enable me to control my phone by yelling at it is going to drop once I can no longer yell at things in the privacy of my own office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077