Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Forget who's responsibility it is...both parties have an obligation here to keep us informed.

Tell us why this fiasco has gone on so long. That's all we're really asking for. Give me some information so I can decide what to do.

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I keep checking to see if there's an update, and every time it takes more than a couple of seconds I get super hopeful....aaaaaaaand then I'm let down.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
What does Tuesday have to do with it?

Denim for 822 and 928 came out on a Friday...

There's a misconception that Verizon releases updates on Tuesdays. I have no idea why it gets perpetuated after multiple updates have been released on days other than Tuesdays.

Even when we had that false call when Tcman88 said that cyan was supposed to be released, it was 6pm on a Friday.

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
There's a misconception that Verizon releases updates on Tuesdays. I have no idea why it gets perpetuated after multiple updates have been released on days other than Tuesdays.

Even when we had that false call when Tcman88 said that cyan was supposed to be released, it was 6pm on a Friday.
Okay, it's bothered me for a while now, and I have to ask. What's the deal with your signature?

MA70mgte

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
This is disturbing. Here is a twitter conversation between Eric Grover, Mary Jo Foley and Paul Thurrott: "VZW Support just confirmed to me that Denim update for Icon has been postponed due to issues found in testing."

EdgarPre

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I question the credibility. This Eric Grover mentioned a "chat script". Chat script = VZW customer service rep = doesn't have the slightest idea as to the testing status of a phone.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Since the phone's one year anniversary will be next month, I wonder if they will do the update before it turns one year. Or they will let q1 go by and say it will be out "soon".

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Considering the Icon release was delayed several months last year, there is no chance Verizon has this sentiment. If it happens then, it will be no more than a strange coincidence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99