Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
@Joe B ... the "BIGGER PROBLEM HERE" is Microsoft "just doesn't" apparently "believe or care" that ... "we ICON users represent some of their most LOYAL Windows Phone customers"!!! Like others, I have never seen ANY REPORTS of the number of Icon "owners" ... but, it "must be" in the 250,000 to 750,000 range. I have seen reports that the 920, 928, 1020, 930 etc. "ALL have pieces of the overall WP worldwide install" ... but, NO MENTION of the Lumia ICON!

SO ... I am SICK AND TIRED of reading about NEW "low end" phones in India, and Brazil, and the UK, and Italy ... etc. ... but, @ Joe B ... IF YOU LOSE THE US market - and VERIZON IS #1 here in the US - then ...

Windows Phone = TOAST !!!

Latest reports - I have read is that "in 2014" - 40 million Windows Phones ... 174 million iPhones ... and 1 FRIGGING "BILLION" Android Phones!!!

@Joe B ... WE, the US Market, CAN HELP Microsoft "beat Apple" ... but, NOT if you keep LYING TO us Verizon ICON "loyalists"!

OH YES ... "latest reports" are that Windows Phone is at 3% market share = WOW, that is sure TERRIBLE!

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
You should care because if it's the phone, as I suspect we'll never get an update

And what can anyone do about that but speculate as you are doing. The longer this is delayed, the more of us get frustrated and switch/upgrade phones and this "problem" is magically resolved. I won't waste any time being concerned that this phone is inherently flawed. I do have an issue with being ignored after paying for a product I was sold with false promises.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
@Joe B ... the "BIGGER PROBLEM HERE" is Microsoft "just doesn't" apparently "believe or care" that ... "we ICON users represent some of their most LOYAL Windows Phone customers"!!! Like others, I have never seen ANY REPORTS of the number of Icon "owners" ... but, it "must be" in the 250,000 to 750,000 range. I have seen reports that the 920, 928, 1020, 930 etc. "ALL have pieces of the overall WP worldwide install" ... but, NO MENTION of the Lumia ICON!

SO ... I am SICK AND TIRED of reading about NEW "low end" phones in India, and Brazil, and the UK, and Italy ... etc. ... but, @ Joe B ... IF YOU LOSE THE US market - and VERIZON IS #1 here in the US - then ...

Windows Phone = TOAST !!!

Latest reports - I have read is that "in 2014" - 40 million Windows Phones ... 174 million iPhones ... and 1 FRIGGING "BILLION" Android Phones!!!

@Joe B ... WE, the US Market, CAN HELP Microsoft "beat Apple" ... but, NOT if you keep LYING TO us Verizon ICON "loyalists"!

OH YES ... "latest reports" are that Windows Phone is at 3% market share = WOW, that is sure TERRIBLE!

​You realize Joe Belfiore hasn't posted in this thread yet, right?

fanbpunx

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Guys you gotta chill. It's a phone, like the features aren't THAT important. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna not release it. Just be patient. Like I'm checking for updates every day but I'm also not raging over something that'll probably happen in a matter of weeks....

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys you gotta chill. It's a phone, like the features aren't THAT important. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna not release it. Just be patient. Like I'm checking for updates every day but I'm also not raging over something that'll probably happen in a matter of weeks....

since the phone hasn't been updated since 05/2014 by VZ I think people have the right to rage just a little bit :wink:

djarchow

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

In April ADuplex said that the Icon was at number 18 on the list. In the May report the Icon was listed at number 30.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Well we're not really raging anymore... More like exasperated simmering.

Youssef

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
This looks so bad on verizon. Nobody will ever want to buy a verizon flagship again. This marsh they announce the new flag i hope. Microsoft better think twice before choosing to have flag ships on verizon over sprint or tmobile. I have sprinT and it better be getting a flagship with 20mp camera!!! Lumia 940 cant wait lol i hope its real.

But really who is going to buy another windows phone from verizon again. With sprint you get unlimeted for 60$. My gf has the 2gb plan with verizon and she can't stream nothing or play videos. While yes Sprint 3g sucks but I have 4g almost every where! I stream 1 hour videos and download updates all over network and never have to turn off data or worry. For only 60$ I don't understand how atat and Verizon get away with just 2gb for 70$.... rip off! But its worth for an icon if u ask me. That damn camera is amazing.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
They just move over to windows 10 and cry about not receive that update fast enough. It will never end. :unhappysweat:

I wouldn't be quick to assume that. I knew when I bought the phone that Denim/Windows 8.1 would be the last firmware/OS pushed to the ICON and I'm fine with that.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't be quick to assume that. I knew when I bought the phone that Denim/Windows 8.1 would be the last firmware/OS pushed to the ICON and I'm fine with that.

I agree we get Denim expect nothing more from Verizon for the Icon

we get Demin then I will put the WP10 DP on my phone and I'll be content till making a decision about what phone to get next after we get a look at the new WP flagship(s) released sometime around September this year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte