Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Brett Sites

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I tweeted VZWSupport and Joe B.. Verizon tweeted back that there is no release date, yet, which I figured. I just thought I'd mention what someone else posted on the Verizon forums, tho. I can wait. Would love to have Denim before Windows 10 Preview, of course.

The Cincinnati Kid

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The average phone user uses android, iPhone, or a low-mid end lumia. You have to be thinking about the market share here. People purchased the Icon as a high end device. In 2015, WP8 software on Black firmware is not high end.

Ah, so only people who buy higher end Lumias are not average phone users? I see where this conversation is going, we should just stop here.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
They normally release updates at 9am Pacific time.

It should be noted that this hasn't been in the case in the past with Windows Phones on Verizon.

High end? The Icon is a high end phone and even more so with Denim. It may not be a high sales volume phone, but it's definitely high end.

The hardware is certainly high end, though one could argue that it's on the lower end of the high end spectrum right now. But WP8/Black is antiquated. I say that as an avid Windows phone fan who has been using WP7 since day one. WP8.1/Cyan (or Denim) is necessary to continue to call the Icon high end.

Just my two cents. But I think most here would agree with me.

Last edited:

randyoaks187

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Come on guys (and gals) we can make it to 75 pages to close this thread before the update is release tomorrow, I know we can. Lets get the fervor out there!!!

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
It should be noted that this hasn't been in the case in the past with Windows Phones on Verizon.

The hardware is certainly high end, though one could argue that it's on the lower end of the high end spectrum right now. But WP8/Black is antiquated. I say that as an avid Windows phone fan who has been using WP7 since day one. WP8.1/Cyan (or Denim) is necessary to continue to call the Icon high end.

Just my two cents. But I think most here would agree with me.

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree that 8.1 is needed. I just need a couple features that Cyan would have brought, but the Denim firmware won't change my experience all that much. I do see the need for Denim, to consider the ICON as a "High End".

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
If you think that on this day the 6th of February your going to get the Denim update based on hear say postings. Think again! Verizon will make a announcement prior to the release. until such time there is no update coming today.

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
If you think that on this day the 6th of February your going to get the Denim update based on hear say postings. Think again! Verizon will make a announcement prior to the release. until such time there is no update coming today.

Umm... Didn't they announce denim for the 928 and 822 two hours before the release?

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Since when did this get biblical? Calm down everyone. No need to get your denim undies in a bunch. We've had plenty of instances when people claim the update is active when it's false. No need for trolls.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Since when did this get biblical? Calm down everyone. No need to get your denim undies in a bunch. We've had plenty of instances when people claim the update is active when it's false. No need for trolls.
I have seen the light! only "god" knows when we will receive the update, but then again he has to ask Verizon for permission. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786