Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh goodness, can you imagine the collective rage quit from this forum if it doesn't happen today?
Nah, we're used to being disappointed. Most of us will even stay with Verizon!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness

In learned helplessness studies, an animal is repeatedly exposed to an aversive stimulus which it cannot escape. Eventually, the animal stops trying to avoid the stimulus and behaves as if it is helpless to change the situation. When opportunities to escape become available, learned helplessness means the animal does not take any action.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I have no expectation of an update today or next week even. I may start getting my hopes up after that... Anything before 2/17 would just be a pleasant surprise.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Nah, most people don't defend their carriers, they ***** and complain and hate it... and then say "well, that's just how it is, nothing I can do" and then continues to stay with them. Learned helplessness is definitely the state of the average US cell phone user under contract.... :smile:

You must be missing the people on this thread and the last one defending Verizon.

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have read so much about people saying "Just get the Preview and you don't really need the official update" Well, I understand that for some people. However, I want the new Bluetooth features that come with the firmware update. Not just for the Audio improvements, but to go with the new charging plate that I received yesterday that REQUIRES DEMIN to use all its features. I want the Camera improvements. I am constantly missing shots because my camera does not open fast enough. And, I have been holding out on a Band or other tracker, as I need a firmware update to use SensorCore.

So please, stop saying we don't really need it, and Verizon, Please release it already!

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have read so much about people saying "Just get the Preview and you don't really need the official update" Well, I understand that for some people. However, I want the new Bluetooth features that come with the firmware update. Not just for the Audio improvements, but to go with the new charging plate that I received yesterday that REQUIRES DEMIN to use all its features. I want the Camera improvements. I am constantly missing shots because my camera does not open fast enough. And, I have been holding out on a Band or other tracker, as I need a firmware update to use SensorCore.

So please, stop saying we don't really need it, and Verizon, Please release it already!

Double-check this, but when the Band came out it was reported working with the Icon and 928 on DP, iirc (no Cyan or Denim).

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I still say there's something inherently wrong with that phone. Don't know what it is, but too much has happened to think otherwise.

1. Phone retired after 7 months.
2. No Cyan (status goes to under development and then the web page is changed to hide any status at all)
3. 928 and 822 get Denim in name only and we get pushed off to "early 2015."
4. Joe B. disappears for 6 weeks then resurfaces and effectively says that March is possible.

While I continue to hope I'm wrong, I'm just waiting for an end of life declaration on this thing. It's 50/50 IMO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven