Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Mirage85

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Can you update with the Preview for Developers? Or do you have to roll back?

base on the 928 and 822, all you should need to do is uncheck the box in the PFD app to opt out of the program, then check for updates. Once updated then you can go back in and recheck the box, although I wouldn't expect any new updates unless they release windows 10 through it later once its "complete".

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So glad it's out on the recovery tool! I am holding off though on doing that, as I would prefer not to wipe my phone yet. I'm hoping the fact that it's in the recovery tool means that it's imminent from Verizon (I assume today). I'll give it this week and if it's not here by Saturday I'll do recovery then. Or long national nightmare might finally be over! :p

Last edited:

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Now that the update is FINALLY imminent, Let's all take a moment to reflect and appreciate Microsoft for giving us the PFD option. I can't imagine being stuck on 8.0 this entire time!

Verizon, you are truly terrible.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who has installed via recovery tool confirm that the Icon does indeed have the following:

1.) Hey Cortana
2.) Lumia Camera 5
3.) Double Tap to Wake

Thank you!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who has installed via recovery tool confirm that the Icon does indeed have the following:

1.) Hey Cortana
2.) Lumia Camera 5
3.) Double Tap to Wake

Thank you!

Someone confirmed #1 a few posts up. #2 is definitely in there as well. I didn't even know we were supposed to get #3 (I don't think we are), but that would surely be nice. I used it all the time on my 521.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Someone confirmed #1 a few posts up. #2 is definitely in there as well. I didn't even know we were supposed to get #3 (I don't think we are), but that would surely be nice. I used it all the time on my 521.

Rubino said that he thought we would get it with Cyan since the 930 has it. But maybe not :straight:

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, please do keep us posted once you've installed the updated Extras&Info & "Touch" app if that's even a thing. I believe that's where double tap to wake settings are.

Under settings -> touch, it shows "wake up," but after clicking on it it only shows info on sensitivity. Double tap does not work for me after putting the phone to sleep or waiting for it to idle. Anyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs