Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think double tap to wake is a hardware limitation on the Icon. Seems like there might be more to the internals being different from the 930 than just the antennas/networking.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
good job all that stuck with the Icon and didn't jump ship to one of the other dark-side platforms

9 months and 4 days of FUD, tin foil hat conspiracy theories have finally come to an end

I am glad for the update but the way VZ treated us WP customers for the better part of year will be fresh in my mind when it comes time to renew my contract with them

I have been with VZ now for 8 years, it will be strange to shop around for carriers this time

*edit: by the way today is my birthday also :grin:

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Dear Verizon/ Microsoft,
My birthday is next week. All I want for my birthday is to see that my Icon has updated to Denim. I'm really not asking for much since you already promised it would be released around this same timeframe. The only thing better than getting Denim for my birthday would be getting it as an early birthday gift. So get on it Verizon/Microsoft, my birthday only comes around once a year.

Dear Verizon/Microsoft,
I just received word of your thoughtful birthday gift. Although I haven't had time to install the update yet I'm hoping to install Denim on my Icon later today. Although my birthday isn't until next week, I just wanted to say thank you for delivering this a bit early. I have been looking forward to this for a while now. Once again, thanks for the awesome birthday gift

hyde

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey Cortana is really, really cool....and I've been playing with it on the Windows 10TP. But on the phone Cortana actually does something other than a Bing search :)

It's gonna be fun when the PC Cortana catches up to the phone Cortana...I can make 'em race :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, i cant get my apps to backup! My last backup was 10 months ago haha. Some IT guy i am if i cant even keep my phone backed up :p

Mine is just taking awhile to back up everything. What a great feature to have in an operating system, though. All my photos and videos on OneDrive already. Now just backing up everything else with the tap of a finger through the settings.

By the way - Brad Sams reports that he got Denim OTA on his Icon.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Mine is just taking awhile to back up everything. What a great feature to have in an operating system, though. All my photos and videos on OneDrive already. Now just backing up everything else with the tap of a finger through the settings.

I deleted all my previous backupes and it's going much quicker now. I planned on wiping my phone when we finally got this update so i dont want my OTA update :p

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I deleted all my previous backupes and it's going much quicker now. I planned on wiping my phone when we finally got this update so i dont want my OTA update :p

The only reason i'm not using the recovery tool right now is that I'm a donkey and left the Micro USB cable I needed at home. I'll probably do a hard reset after I install OTA.

kaiser347

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Great, I am on T-mobile and this update made everything work.
SMS
MMS
WIFI HotSpot
Voicemail
LTE
Although I only had problem with MMS and Internet Sharing, and now they work great.
PS: Manual APN is OFF

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Cortana is really, really cool....and I've been playing with it on the Windows 10TP. But on the phone Cortana actually does something other than a Bing search :)

It's gonna be fun when the PC Cortana catches up to the phone Cortana...I can make 'em race :)
Do you mean "Hey Cortana"? Cortana has been on the Icon since 8.1 came out, it didn't need Denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster