Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ugh backup got to 97% and failed... now im stuck on 11% again on my app backup...

Does anyone know if i will still have my download history? I'm about to wipe this thing and re-dowload my app manually if I still have access to the list.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, didn't think you could get it by wifi since the install PDFs does not mention it. Of course they DO say to remove the battery if the update stalls..

shakermaker41

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just need a quick confirmation because I saw contradictory posts on this: If I have PfD "enabled" on my device, will that block the official update? Meaning, I need to disable that in order to get Denim?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ugh backup got to 97% and failed... now im stuck on 11% again on my app backup...

Does anyone know if i will still have my download history? I'm about to wipe this thing and re-dowload my app manually if I still have access to the list.

I think Download History is stored in the store, not on the phone. But I could be wrong about that.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Wiped the phone inside and out, literally took some Windex to that bad boy and then used LSRT. Feels like a whole new machine. I'm loving Lumia Camera 5 and the instant lock screen reaction, Hey Cortana is not bad either.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I did this, and it took a loooong time, but it says no update is available.

Strange, after mine went through the update, I don't see any change in OS version #. I'm running 8.10.14219.341. If anything it's a slight change....

Do you mean "Hey Cortana"? Cortana has been on the Icon since 8.1 came out, it didn't need Denim.

Of course I meant "Hey Cortana". That's why I said "Hey Cortana is really, really cool" :wink:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just need a quick confirmation because I saw contradictory posts on this: If I have PfD "enabled" on my device, will that block the official update? Meaning, I need to disable that in order to get Denim?

I've tried both, hasn't come through the pipe yet. I don't think we should have to disable it though.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Haha, I totally missed that. See how naturally that phrase comes! I didn't know it was available in W10.

It's very early stages...you can set reminders, alarms, getweather, jokes, etc....but most else defaults to a Bing search...which is still cool to do by voice :)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It's very early stages...you can set reminders, alarms, getweather, jokes, etc....but most else defaults to a Bing search...which is still cool to do by voice :)

Yeah, I mean "Hey Cortana". I knew Cortana was, I didn't know voice command to initiate it was. That "Hey" is confusing... :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett