Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I almost feel guilty. I only bought my Icon on Ebay a few weeks ago. My wait has been short.

Wait...
No...
The guilty feelings have passed. I'm better now. :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Checking for the OTA, every 10-20 min....and my wife is texting me and I am thinking, WTF, I am going to miss it...

Ugh, It's almost over, this year (it seems) of waiting for this update, Now we need a new thread for Windows Phone 10 for the ICON, I am sure that one will last a year or so too :/

Come on, release the OTA now...(as I check one more time before I hit post...Nope)

Whoa... Whoa.... Whoa.... Let's sleep on it for a couple of days. No need to make any quick judgments (but the WiFi is so much better).

Yea, let's see what bugs Verizon missed, after making us wait so long, it better be freaking PERFECT.

If it goes 3-4 days with no issues (am sure someone will find something to complain about), then I would call it good.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I almost feel guilty. I only bought my Icon on Ebay a few weeks ago. My wait has been short.

Wait...
No...
The guilty feelings have passed. I'm better now. :)

I'm sure the price of the Icon (I saw one online for $169 yesterday) has been doubled now. Interesting to see if it will be re-released.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh, by the way, for the record, I stand corrected. I said we would get Windows 10 BEFORE we got denim, I guess I was wrong.

Well, the OTA is not out yet, so officially it has not been released, so if MS drops Win 10 in the next hour or so I might be right after all :)

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
currently downloading via lsrt. download size is 1.62 Gb and at the current speed is going to take me about an hour and a half to get it. Guessing that once the ota update is launched it will probably take a while to get.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
currently downloading via lsrt. download size is 1.62 Gb and at the current speed is going to take me about an hour and a half to get it. Guessing that once the ota update is launched it will probably take a while to get.

One thing I don't understand is that the Denim update for the Icon via LSRT is 1.62 GB. When my 822 went to Denim (also via LSRT), the download was over 4 GB.

:shrug:

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I think it's still a staggered rollout, so just because it starts at 1pm EST doesn't mean everyone will see it right then.

Can someone verify?

That's pretty much standard practice. Once you see someone say that it's live OTA you should see it on your phone within the hour i would think.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
One thing I don't understand is that the Denim update for the Icon via LSRT is 1.62 GB. When my 822 went to Denim (also via LSRT), the download was over 4 GB.

:shrug:

Yeah, I've used the LRST a couple of times and it's always been that big. Maybe it checks what you already have on your phone and if it sees PfD (which has the OS already) it might exclude some parts? Or maybe they just came up with a different way of doing it.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
After all this waiting, isn't it ironic - and pitiful - that neither Verizon nor Microsoft still sell the Lumia Icon - the best smartphone I have ever owned! A dozen friends have asked about it, and all of the colorful tiles, and out-of-stock. It will be interesting to see if the Microsoft store gets new stock soon?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss