Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Not to rain on anyone's parade but a word of caution. I was on DP 8.1 and I used the recovery tool. It failed with error 0x80131500 and I'm stuck in a boot loop where I wind up with a red screen with arrows. Be careful....

Well, then you use the recovery tool to recover from that. Right?

Anyway - No need to use Recovery Tool anymore. Take the update OTA then do a hard reset once finished if that's what floats your boat. It's what floats mine :)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Got the download going, with DP installed and enabled, after about 10 minutes of sitting and checking for an update. Was told there was no update when I checked without the DP enabled. Might have been coincidence.

Woohoo. :)

Heavens_Angel26

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Not to rain on anyone's parade but a word of caution. I was on DP 8.1 and I used the recovery tool. It failed with error 0x80131500 and I'm stuck in a boot loop where I wind up with a red screen with arrows. Be careful....

I had the same issue as well. Here's what I did to fix the issue:
  1. Exit out of Lumia Tool Recovery
  2. Go to Control Panel and uninstall the program
  3. Download the new Lumia Recover Tool provided here in WindowsCentral.com
  4. Install the program again and then it should stop that error message

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
what is the firmware and os version that is supposed to arrive with this update? I just want to double check against mine since I updated through DP

merlot2k1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I got this phone free back in Sept. and was totally content with it. Then I started reading this forum... thanks all for making me check almost daily for updates over the last 5 months. :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720