Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but for those that are using DP. You may want to keep DP enabled. I disabled it and the update was not coming through. As soon as I enabled it, the update is going through now.

jbclemons

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Ok, since I went from stock 8.0 to this, I have a question for you long time PfDer's: what should I get excited about and set up first? My app update list is long and my phone is hawt!

Battery Saver, would be my number one - check the applications that are running in the background, I found a handful that were 'enabled' after the denim upgrade. I check Battery Saver often, since some apps will magically re-enable the run-in-background service after updates.

Last edited:

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what Cyan brought, but if it's what made the Icon this fast and smooth to use, and since I know it's what would've enabled BT 4.0... This makes me really pissed at Verizon. This feels like a new phone, and they just didn't care enough.

Also, the camera improvements in Denim are fantastic. We can actually take snap shots now. :p

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Phone is so much better now, no delay on wake even on WiFi, my signal is much better and speed. SensorCore, Miracast, BT 4.0 finally works (yay treasure tag) there are a host of new things under settings, you have to go through each one to see some of the new stuff, in some cases it will ask for a restart when you enter some.

Only thing I am missing is Double Tap to Wake, was really hoping it was gonna be available with Denim but I guess we have a little more difference between the 930 than we thought. Overall, super happy with the update.

Finally, the camera, omg the camera. This is the shizzle now.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
True. I didn't want to call it beta, because it is available to pretty much anybody who wants to try it out. What is the step called in the process that is between beta and final release? That's kinds what it is.

Well, in all honesty, it is a beta. Maybe beta+. Still, were could be left in the dark, waiting 2 years to actually get it, if at all, relying on Service Providers. That would suck.

BTW, Denim is official.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So what do I do now for 8 hours at work, without being able to read all the complaining on this thread. Is there any complaint that can be started on a new thread, so that I may amuse myself at work and pass the time.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
live lock screen/tetra lock screen is actually pretty usable now. the delay after unlocking is pretty negligible compared to the few seconds that it used to be prior to denim.

jbclemons

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, in all honesty, it is a beta. Maybe beta+. Still, were could be left in the dark, waiting 2 years to actually get it, if at all, relying on Service Providers. That would suck.

BTW, Denim is official.

Would probably fit in the "Release Candidate" phase of the software release cycle.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
"Hey Cortana" is not under Cortana settings. It has it's own tab under the main settings page. Listed as Hey Cortana and is just enabled or disabled.

puckrazy1

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So what do I do now for 8 hours at work, without being able to read all the complaining on this thread. Is there any complaint that can be started on a new thread, so that I may amuse myself at work and pass the time.

I know, right? We need a new cause to rally around and complain about.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
After re-enabling DP, it was able to download it but, it failed with an error of 800705070 and all I can find on this error is to hard reset, Everywhere. Oh, well, I will lose my game or 2, nuking now... screw it I have been waiting too long for this update....

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, I can't shut down my phone as it keeps looping back and restarts. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: I figured out it only happens when charging. Weird 😩

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro