Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

crossalchemist

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
For me, under the Lumia Camera, photo, it shows the Main camera capture mode to be either "JPEG (5 MP)", "JPEG (5 MP + 16 MP" or "JPEG (5MP) + DNG (16 MP).

Yup. There's no "just the highest res possible" option.

Of course, there are reasons for this (the 5 MP is used not just for shares, but also for editing or viewing in apps to help conserve device resources), but it does prevent you from using the camera at the advertised "21 MP" resolution.

(Apparently it's 20 MP according to phonearena, but I distinctly remember when I bought it that the advertised res was 21 MP. However, looking through my camera roll on OneDrive, it appears every picture I've taken to date has been 5 MP. -_- Oh well, serves me right for never looking into it before.)

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
As much as I was patiently waiting for the update (had it since October and didn't bother with PFD), I got a huge smile on my face when I came to this thread and saw 300+ new posts lol. It's currently installing now.

Is the camera update supposed to bring better low light photos?

people's experiences with the new camera app that came with Denim on the 930 that should represent what to expect on our Icons

Mirage85

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

Of course, there are reasons for this (the 5 MP is used not just for shares, but also for editing or viewing in apps to help conserve device resources), but it does prevent you from using the camera at the advertised "21 MP" resolution.

(Apparently it's 20 MP according to phonearena, but I distinctly remember when I bought it that the advertised res was 21 MP. However, looking through my camera roll on OneDrive, it appears every picture I've taken to date has been 5 MP. -_- Oh well, serves me right for never looking into it before.)

You may need to change your settings to upload the highest quality image to OneDrive. it'll only do this over WIFI, otherwise it'll only upload lower quality images.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

The 16mp restriction is due to aspect ratio vs the actual sensor size. Camera sensors never produce photos in their full sensor resolution

crossalchemist

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You may need to change your settings to upload the highest quality image to OneDrive. it'll only do this over WIFI, otherwise it'll only upload lower quality images.

Already had that set. I think it may have been because I was using the Microsoft Camera app instead of the Lumia Camera app.

The 16mp restriction is due to aspect ratio vs the actual sensor size. Camera sensors never produce photos in their full sensor resolution

Hmm. Oh well. I'm good with it. It's better than my previous phone and better than the iPhone 6.

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that we cannot use Google search in the IE search bar anymore? It goes to Bing/Cortana and they're is no don't to fix it.

cory1717

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
The blacks and colors seem much better with 8.1/denim. The hole OS seems way snapper and less laggy. Camera is wayyyyy better . Hey Cortina works fine for me . Only thing I'm disappointed with is no double tap to wake .

shakermaker41

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The blacks and colors seem much better with 8.1/denim. The hole OS seems way snapper and less laggy. Camera is wayyyyy better . Hey Cortina works fine for me . Only thing I'm disappointed with is no double tap to wake .

The screen improvement is very noticeable. Probably my favorite unexpected feature of Denim so far

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that we cannot use Google search in the IE search bar anymore? It goes to Bing/Cortana and they're is no don't to fix it.

Didn't know that was an option before. No need to use anything other than Bing myself, but google.com should work still, I assume?

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Loving the Denim update. Had DP before. Had no issues with the upgrade.
Someone I know did have the BSOD when he ran it, bur once he did a hard reset/reboot, it finished normally.

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
As a Canadian, here are my only issues: (love the camera btw)
- Access Point no longer works. Needs an update.
- "Hey Cortana" only works if i change my language and region settings to USA.

Besides that, all good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs