Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Just another comment about the WiFi. When I tested the Icon at the spot in my bedroom where it previously was literally just a few feet outside of decent WiFi strength, whereas my Lumia 521 had good signal there, it now worked without problems. I always had to shut off WiFi on the Icon right there and use cellular data instead, because the WiFi signal was too weak. This morning, it worked just fine.
I really didn't expect the WiFi issue to be fixed in Denim, but I'm so glad it is. :)

glad that the Wi-Fi is working better for you now I know that must have been frustrating

now all we need to do is solve the mystery of why we didn't get double tap to wake, Do we need an update to the Touch app? Do we need another firmware update? Is the hardware between the 930 and the Icon different that the Icon cannot support double tap to wake?

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?

In settings > lockscreen > background > you have add the WEATHER
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=63c2a117-8604-44e7-8cef-df10be3a57c8

<EDIT> Below info about glance is not correct because ICON does not have Glance.

And in settings > glance > you have to enable "background app" Please disregard

And "date"/detailed -/quick notifications. Please disregard

Last edited:

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
rockin denim on my icon was just wondering if there is a way to change the font and picture color of the tiles on start screen when transparent tiles are on instead of just white fonts and pictures

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Odd; I noticed after upgrading to Denim official, the MS Camera is no longer on the app menu; I had it as a tile on my SS, so after restoring a backup, I still had it. But if you didn't, it seems the only way one could get to it would be to set it as the default camera app, then push the camera hardware button. Reminds me of how Nokia would yank the native maps from the menu, and people created tiles in the store that acted as shortcuts. With this update, native maps is in the menu, but now native camera is not. Anyone else see this?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Odd; I noticed after upgrading to Denim official, the MS Camera is no longer on the app menu; I had it as a tile on my SS, so after restoring a backup, I still had it. But if you didn't, it seems the only way one could get to it would be to set it as the default camera app, then push the camera hardware button. Reminds me of how Nokia would yank the native maps from the menu, and people created tiles in the store that acted as shortcuts. With this update, native maps is in the menu, but now native camera is not. Anyone else see this?

It's there. It's just called "Camera."

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Trust me. It's not. Not when I search the apps either. Only if I use my SS tile, or if I set the default to it and press the hardware button. I updated using the recovery too, not OTA; that might be a factor?

kloar

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I don't have it either and I upgraded from 8.0 OTA.

Trent Vann

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
So my old ICON that had black/8.0 that has been off since Sept is going through the OTA update now, but I can't get my new ICON that had the test firmware on it to update. Do you think if I attach to the Dev Preview program it may update it?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So my old ICON that had black/8.0 that has been off since Sept is going through the OTA update now, but I can't get my new ICON that had the test firmware on it to update. Do you think if I attach to the Dev Preview program it may update it?

Yes for Verizon on pfd the box must be enabled. So enable pfd in the app.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is called Lumia Camera. Is that the same app as Camera?

No, there should also be a "Camera" which is the stock MS camera. If you go into your camera settings, there should be a choice between the two, MS and Lumia. There's no "Camera" in your apps list either? How did you update, OTA or recovery?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05