Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Trust me. It's not. Not when I search the apps either. Only if I use my SS tile, or if I set the default to it and press the hardware button. I updated using the recovery too, not OTA; that might be a factor?

For me, not there until I "pressed the camera button" and then the app asks "setup now" or later?

The only camera app I have after setup is "Lumia Camera"

magmagnus

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I just found it. Go to Settings..Applications..photos+camera. From there you have a choice of default camera app, Lumia Camera or Microsoft Camera.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Just another comment about the WiFi. When I tested the Icon at the spot in my bedroom where it previously was literally just a few feet outside of decent WiFi strength, whereas my Lumia 521 had good signal there, it now worked without problems. I always had to shut off WiFi on the Icon right there and use cellular data instead, because the WiFi signal was too weak. This morning, it worked just fine.
I really didn't expect the WiFi issue to be fixed in Denim, but I'm so glad it is. :)

I have noticed my signal strength to be better after Denim as well. Guess it was correctable with software. I was worried they wouldn't be able to but so glad they did.

jmaudi0

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
So after my OTA update my Lumia Camera app wouldn't work. It would launch but then kick me back to my home screen. I uninstalled it thinking I could reinstall from the app store, but when I search the app store from my phone I only see "Lumia Camera Classic". If i search the app store from a computer I can find "Lumia Camera" but it won't install to my Icon.

....help

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Been on with customer support and she says I have to wait until there's a newer update ! I haven't got Denim yet, but the OS version says I have. Says the number is 8.1.14219.341. How do I get Denim? Im on PFD and have the box checked etc. and yes I've pressed check for updates, turned the phone off, checked for updates etc. Any help??

The firmware should be the following: 02540.00019.15024.38022

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I just found it. Go to Settings..Applications..photos+camera. From there you have a choice of default camera app, Lumia Camera or Microsoft Camera.

Right, it's still there, my tile for it carried over in my backup and that launches it as well. But if you didn't have that, there'd be no way to pin it since it is not in the app list. Weird.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?

I'm not aware of a Weather+Calendar. Do you mean MSN weather and the stock calendar? If so, select weather as the background of the lock screen (from settings) and calendar as more detailed status.

Jon Hemphill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not aware of a Weather+Calendar. Do you mean MSN weather and the stock calendar? If so, select weather as the background of the lock screen (from settings) and calendar as more detailed status.

This review shows what I'm trying to say. I guess it's more of a 'screensaver' when the DT-910's NFC tag is pick.

Here's an example of the 'screensaver' in question. It would rotate between this and a screen that shows the battery status.

screensaver.png

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Pre-Denim when using the Nokia Qi charger DT-910 it would pop up with the Weather+Calendar app (where it would have the time, weather, and upcoming appointments/events). Now that I have Denim installed, when I go to put my Icon on the charger, the app Weather+Calendar no longer shows up. Instead if has an area to launch any app, but I can't find the Weather+Calendar app.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find/download the app?

It's not a Denim issue. It's a WP8.1 OS issue. When Microsoft updated the accessories app to device hub, it got rid of Weather+Calendar. It's been missing for quite a while (several months) for us WP8.1 DP users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre