Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Firmware revision number? Under "about" Because mines : 1028.3512.1337.0024
Where did you get that number from?

Which phone do you have? The latest Icon firmare on Denim is what gernerttl said, 02540.00019.15024.38022. Even without Denim, you should have had firmware that ended with 0047 if you own an Icon, I believe. Unless you didn't have the latest firmware even before Denim, I suppose.

The OS version won't change, it's the same as PfD if I recall correctly.

Make sure you have the Preview for Developers app installed and the checkbox in it checked. Then go and check for updates in Settings. It might sit there for a LOONG time looking for updates but evenetually you'll get it. If you don't, I don't know what to do. You sure you have an Icon? :)

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
ok so after the update I have lumia camera and lumia camera classic what one should I keep and use that takes advantage of all the camera updates that came with the denim update

thanks

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
None of you guys are having tint/hue issues?

Crank it up to high brightness open a pure black picture. Go to a dark room, is your screen black or have a red/purple hue to it?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you're using auto brightness, which I've always found is the best setting, you'll never have to experience high brightness in a dark room.

I haven't noticed any problem at all on mine

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
If you're using auto brightness, which I've always found is the best setting, you'll never have to experience high brightness in a dark room.

Well yes I agree, that's not the point it messes with the colors on the screen, when black on an amoled it shouldn't be emitting this much light, for me its noticible even in the office under flourecent light and set to auto the screen gets brighter and the bottom edge is washed out...

http://i.imgur.com/P61a5nO.jpg

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I usually keep my brightness on the default low day and night, but the red tint is barely visible in the day (even on high/auto brightness), which is why I didn't notice it until the evening.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I usually keep my brightness on the default low day and night, but the red tint is barely visible in the day (even on high/auto brightness), which is why I didn't notice it until the evening.

Do you also have the delayed action center pull down? I noticed that plus a slight flicker to the screen. Seems like we might have the same batch of screens some 930's came with or we need the same latest update the 930 got that apparently fixed the issue?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you also have the delayed action center pull down? I noticed that plus a slight flicker to the screen. Seems like we might have the same batch of screens some 930's came with or we need the same latest update the 930 got that apparently fixed the issue?

I have the red tinted black on high brightness. But everything is super smooth.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Because I think a few people have reported laggyness and it has been remedied by a smart reset.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site

I don't have any delay or lag. Everything else is working perfectly.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the red tinted black on high brightness. But everything is super smooth.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Because I think a few people have reported laggyness and it has been remedied by a smart reset.

Its hard to notice during normal daylight but I think more people are affected than not. I think the lag comes and goes so I think it might be normal, its not as annoying as the tint...

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just realized that the blacks aren't black anymore, it's a bit reddish mostly near the bottom. It was pure black before.

EDIT: The whole screen has a very red/brown tint when on high brightness. Hmm...

IT goes away. That was the first thing i noticed but after a power off/power on its back to its regular AMOLED self.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre