Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The only issues I've noticed with the update so far are battery drain and resume bug when hitting the power button but that could be due to using Live Lock Screen Beta. I'm going back to Awesome Lock to see if that gets rid of the resuming.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The only issues I've noticed with the update so far are battery drain and resume bug when hitting the power button but that could be due to using Live Lock Screen Beta. I'm going back to Awesome Lock to see if that gets rid of the resuming.

I use LockMix and I don't notice a lag.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
In this kind of industry, the tech side directly affects the business side. If Verizon's network gets compromised because of a technical glitch, then its business is directly and negatively affected.
Yeah, there was zero chance that would happen. Or Verizon has literally the worst network in the world, since people go in and out of networks with their phones everywhere else, including AT&T, T-Mobile etc all the time.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else notice a massive drop in quality of the Xbox Music app? Slow, loading after loading, awful UI change and the removal of the music sub-store within the Windows Store makes it too much of a nuisance to use now. I think the music was a big step backwards. And am I the only one who is still upset with Verizon about the entire ordeal? I mean 90+ pages of angry consumers and then they release the update and it seems we all just forget about it. Its nice that they finally delivered it to us, but personally I cannot forgive them for the delay and unwillingness to help me with my windows phone.
I will not forget. As soon as I can do it without a penalty I'm leaving Verizon. I don't care if they get another flagship. I'm done with them.

As for Xbox Music, the latest version of the app was a huge step forward. I don't have any issues with it now, either in speed or reliability.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the battery is still not performing great. I'm thinking it's a touch/display issue. The Icon has always needed a larger battery, IMO, but right now it's noticeable.
I might do a hard reset and see if that helps...

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh and I was changing my theme and background and my girl was looking and said "That's not cobalt blue, that's purple" lol

DCJohnston

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I will not forget. As soon as I can do it without a penalty I'm leaving Verizon. I don't care if they get another flagship. I'm done with them.

As for Xbox Music, the latest version of the app was a huge step forward. I don't have any issues with it now, either in speed or reliability.

I am glad to see I am not the only one. And as for music, maybe there is something I can do or I just have too much. When I pull open the app, it takes me to a search bar and I have to re-open the app. And when I try to look at my collection it takes a few seconds, before it was instant. I notice the biggest issue as I change songs, 8.0 was not perfect but now it takes at least 3 seconds just for the song to change. And maybe another one or two for the album artwork to change. Not sure how much you have on yours, but music takes up about 8.83 GB

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Personally i think leaving a carrier over an update is pretty ridiculous, unless you have proof that the update was held back for malicious reasons. With any carrier there will always be something to complain about. The one thing you subscribe to a carrier for is network stability/performance, and in that area Verizon cannot be beat (at least in my area, and i believe overall nationwide). I was annoyed as much as the next guy, but whatever phone Verizon get's that's better then my Icon i will get and my wife will take my Icon.

To each his own tho right?

DCJohnston

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Personally i think leaving a carrier over an update is pretty ridiculous, unless you have proof that the update was held back for malicious reasons. With any carrier there will always be something to complain about. The one thing you subscribe to a carrier for is network stability/performance, and in that area Verizon cannot be beat (at least in my area, and i believe overall nationwide). I was annoyed as much as the next guy, but whatever phone Verizon get's that's better then my Icon i will get and my wife will take my Icon.

Very true and well said. But not only does one pay for the phone service and performance, but as well as customer service and giving their customers top of the line specs. I respect your opinion and we all purchase things for different reasons, but for me it is hard to support a company who keeps me in the dark the way they did. They just do not care about Windows phones and it is quite frustrating.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I am glad to see I am not the only one. And as for music, maybe there is something I can do or I just have too much. When I pull open the app, it takes me to a search bar and I have to re-open the app. And when I try to look at my collection it takes a few seconds, before it was instant. I notice the biggest issue as I change songs, 8.0 was not perfect but now it takes at least 3 seconds just for the song to change. And maybe another one or two for the album artwork to change. Not sure how much you have on yours, but music takes up about 8.83 GB

Compared to Music on 8.0, yes, the Xbox Music app is a mess...but compared to how it was when the PfD came out, it's many huge steps forward.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Compared to Music on 8.0, yes, the Xbox Music app is a mess...but compared to how it was when the PfD came out, it's many huge steps forward.

What he said. Pretty sure the poster went straight from 8 to official 8.1. Xbox music is fine now.

However....op, pretty much all of your gripes are OS related and are nothing Verizon would be signing off on. They have no interest whatsoever in if you prefer the update, they just make sure it works on their devices and network. If you don't like something about the OS, Microsoft who made it that way.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Personally i think leaving a carrier over an update is pretty ridiculous, unless you have proof that the update was held back for malicious reasons.

I don't think it was malicious. I think they didn't care one bit about devoting ANY resources to getting the update out, I KNOW they ditched the phone as soon as they could without giving any reassurance as to support or updates, and then never said a single word about it to anyone, after they failed to deliver an update that literally every other carrier in the world had sent out to phones that Microsoft approved for the update.

And that's not even mentioning how they treated me when I wanted to BECOME a customer, not offering any of their Windows Phone models for sale in the first three stores I went to.

I don't have to speculate about malice to know they treated me as a customer they couldn't care less about. I have no desire to support that business, unless they clean up their act.

With any carrier there will always be something to complain about.
Yeah, which is why I switch carriers when I don't like the way they treat me. I'm not going to sit and complain at a forum and then keep paying them, that would be silly. It's literally the only thing they care about - not getting my money. I know individually it's a drop in the universe for them, but it's the only thing I can do, and it does have an impact collectively.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Ah yeah, it's a bit slower in the 8.1 app than in the 8.0 music player, but way better than it used to be. Be glad you didn't have it before. :)

You can actually get the original music player back, although it doesn't become the default one: Don't like the new Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8.1? Here's how to bring back the old one | Windows Central

This is the app to download: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/s...a2f9e-6b8d-440a-bb60-5dd76a5baec1?signin=true

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site

we waited 9 months for an update, with not one word from Verizon of why it was delayed

I don't care if it was malicious or not but waiting almost a full calendar year for an update is ridiculous even by Verizon standards imho

I am going to shop around when my contract comes due, I find a better or comparable WP flagship on another carrier I will not have any problem jumping ship because I have no interest of going through another Icon situation with another flagship WP on a carrier that has showed no interest in the WP platform

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Oh and I was changing my theme and background and my girl was looking and said "That's not cobalt blue, that's purple" lol

Weird. Pretty much all of my tiles are transparent (I'm using a background image) or are the color stipulated by the app itself (i.e. Evernote green), so I hadn't even noticed this as an issue. Check out one of the background images, they have some neat ones by default, but you can use any picture you want.

Strat-Mangler

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Smart answer

In the preview for developer app.
Thanks for answering but unfortunately, I don't have this.

I bought the phone off of eBay. The gentleman who owned it before is the one who installed 8.1 DP on it. I just downloaded the app (had NO idea it was an app) and even created an account for this purpose. The option never shows up.

This is what I get after signing into the account.

wp_ss_20150213_0001.jpg

Is there a way for me to update my phone without having to reinstall and reconfigure everything? It'd definitely save me tons of work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion