Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Well cyan wasn't even sent to the carriers for testing until July, and wasnt on any US carriers until Sept, soo IDK how you would have got it in may... I know we knew about it but absolutely no one had it. There was obviously issues, I DO NOT believe they would hold an update back without reason. If it would have passed testing it would have came out. To me it's not on Verizon to communicate this to me either, its on Microsoft. Which they did when they changed the status from in testing to under development. What more do you need?

I agree with the phone getting discontinued sucks, but again it was a business decision. If it wasnt selling anymore, and they were low on stock, why keep it around?

I know it's been said many times around here but I have to say it again. You don't buy a phone on the promise of what it can be, you buy it for what it is. You cant expect anything more than that. IMHO.

I would have loved a little more information as to why the update was delayed, but i dont feel like they owe i too me. I prefer both VZW and M$ to work together to fix it rather then they point fingers at each other, which is what would have happened if either one of them started giving reasons.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm enjoying it as we speak! Even if the thread is still open. :)

Can't wait for Windows 10 on my Icon though. I have it on the 635 and the speech-to-text everywhere is an awesome function... Hey, Verizon, what can we expect? Haha.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
still waiting on an answer from a Microsoft Mobility employee about why we don't have double tap to wake

I am really enjoying the new features of Denim and can live without it if we never get an answer but it would be icing on the cake if we did get double tap to wake

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
still waiting on an answer from a Microsoft Mobility employee about why we don't have double tap to wake

I am really enjoying the new features of Denim and can live without it if we never get an answer but it would be icing on the cake if we did get double tap to wake

I've held out for double tap to wake for as long as i've had the phone. If it was coming, it was coming with Denim. It's time to throw in the flag on that feature, as far as i'm concerned.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
My observations:

The camera in this thing is now all it should be and never was until this update. There is practically zero shutter lag. If nothing else, that's where the real benefit of Denim is.

Hey Cortana is flaky at best. I'm sure it will get better but I'm not finding to be very good. Wifi is a bit better but it's still not all that great.

No difference in battery life but I was happy with it as it was.

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Background apps don't seem to drain too much battery for me, the insane battery drain when actively using FB Messenger, Messages or disqus.com is much, much worse. It quickly shoots up to 50-60%, if I am out and use FB Messenger for example. I have no idea if this is typical on smartphones but it seems crazy.

Ha! I feel ya. You should try Microsoft Solitaire Collection! That game sucks my battery down so fast, not to mention makes my phone run hot, and I can't figure out why. That's why I seldom play it anymore. :(

WP Newbie

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hey Cortana is flaky at best. I'm sure it will get better but I'm not finding to be very good..

I have problems with Hey Cortana when the battery gets down below 50%. I have battery saver turned on though, so that might make a difference. Are you trying to use her at full charge or at the end of the day?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think I have been having issues with my phone ringing now. So far about half the calls I receive my phone will actually ring. They all show the call, but sometimes just wont play the ringtone. I have gone through quiet hours and made sure my ringer was on for all of these and still not working all the time. Going to investigate further, but its getting kinda annoying. Anybody else have similar issues?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think I have been having issues with my phone ringing now. So far about half the calls I receive my phone will actually ring. They all show the call, but sometimes just wont play the ringtone. I have gone through quiet hours and made sure my ringer was on for all of these and still not working all the time. Going to investigate further, but its getting kinda annoying. Anybody else have similar issues?

Do you have Gestures Beta loaded on your phone? That could be the culprit.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Lucky me. Denim finally gets released and I have to send my Icon back to Microsoft for warranty repair. I have to wait another 2 weeks to fully play and appreciate the update.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Gestures Beta loaded on your phone? That could be the culprit.

Found out the issue. It seems they removed a few ringtones from the list. The one that I had it set to prior to denim has been removed and it never assigned me a different ringtone. I selected a new ringtone and it works perfectly now!

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My observations:

The camera in this thing is now all it should be and never was until this update. There is practically zero shutter lag. If nothing else, that's where the real benefit of Denim is.

Hey Cortana is flaky at best. I'm sure it will get better but I'm not finding to be very good. Wifi is a bit better but it's still not all that great.

No difference in battery life but I was happy with it as it was.

I agree re: the camera and battery. Camera is night and day compared to Black.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Found out the issue. It seems they removed a few ringtones from the list. The one that I had it set to prior to denim has been removed and it never assigned me a different ringtone. I selected a new ringtone and it works perfectly now!

Thanks for posting this, as that happened to me, too. And I missed a couple important calls. Not very thoughtful of somebody... Anyway, glad you figured it out, if the hard way like me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99