Official 8.1/Denim for the Icon?

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
You realize denim is cotton, right? ;)
Well is a textile made from cotton, but still that would be the same as saying that leather is a cow.
Cotton is cotton, a soft fluffy fiber. Denim is a strong tough sturdy stiff fabric sure its made from cotton, but it's stiff and itchy especially if you make your underwear out of it.
Also Carhartt duck jackets and coats are too made of cotton, but that I think they use the cotton hulls.

So he could like the soft and fluffy, instead of the manly...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Definitely worth waiting rather than abandoning it, but the wait was waaaay too long.
The BT LE and the improved camera launch and snapshot time have made using the phone significantly better. I never even thought about the camera slowness before, but to be able to pull it out, launch camera and snap a picture in just a couple of seconds from start to picture taken has made a huge difference. And the pictures look amazing with the new Nokia Camera.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I have also been enjoying my Icon since the Denim release

I am glad I stuck with the Icon and didn't jump ship to droid or apple because in the end I got the WP phone experience I expected and I am very pleased

imho the real shame of this whole Icon situation was how Verizon with it's early retirement, massive delays, apathy toward anything to do with WP destroyed any chance this great phone and Os ever had to gain any traction with consumers :angry:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have also been enjoying my Icon since the Denim release

I am glad I stuck with the Icon and didn't jump ship to droid or apple because in the end I got the WP phone experience I expected and I am very pleased

imho the real shame of this whole Icon situation was how Verizon with it's early retirement, massive delays, apathy toward anything to do with WP destroyed any chance this great phone and Os ever had to gain any traction with consumers :angry:

Agree. It's pretty infuriating how the Lumia Icon was handled by Verizon.

I'm off contract right now with my Icon on Verizon. I'll be signing a contract with AT&T as soon as they launch their next Microsoft/Lumia flagship.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

I'm off contract right now with my Icon on Verizon. I'll be signing a contract with AT&T as soon as they launch their next Microsoft/Lumia flagship.

Whenever that is. I'm staying with Verizon for their coverage though.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Same here. Verizon has great coverage, and I know it won't make a blip on their radar, but I have a hard time forgiving what they did. They really ruined what could have been a great thing for Windows Phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why? It's still the current operating system/firmware.

I think it should be changed to Official Windows 10 Mobile for the Nokia ICON. The rumor mill is going to start kicking off in a mater of a month or 2 when 10 goes to RTM and by then we will already have 20 threads on (think we have a bunch already) getting Windows 10 Mobile for the Nokia ICON....

Just a through, or un-sticky this one and put up a new one for this subject. The Title of this thread is no longer relevant as this thread was about WAITING for the Official 8.1, not really about how well it worked.

And my reasons for this... The first post that was posted that showed 8.1.1 was available is here..

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon/316510-82.htm#post2981174

This is post #2045 of this thread on PAGE 82. So no matter the discussion here, this thread IS about the Availability of 8.1 for the Nokia ICON, it should be changed or unsticked...

Last edited:

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I love your optimism! I am dubious that Icon will ever get W10. Verizon has never supported the Icon ever ever ever, and they hold onto some proprietary technology. I think Icon owners will have to use the insider program and even then I don't know what that does for us. We have great hardware and no leverage with anyone. *sigh*

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers