The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-29-2014 04:08 PM
96 ... 234
tools
    the 929 not the same phone as the 930, The 929 is LTE 4G on Verizon with wireless charging where as the 930 only get 3G on Verizon, and no wireless charging. it may have the same engine in it, but totally two different phones as far as I am concerned. I am on Verizon I wanted the Lumia 830 but it will only get 3g no LTE 4g., only option was the Icon, SE , or M8, so I got the Icon for the grate camera and wireless charging.
    930 and icon are the same in the same way the AT&T iPhone 6 and Verizon iPhone 6 are the same. The 930 however, can not connect to any of Verizon's networks
    10-22-2014 10:13 PM
    Just an FYI. I was at the Microsoft Store here in Hawaii getting a glass screen protector for my SP3 and I asked about the Icon being retired. The rep I spoke to (who is a manager and talks to corporate a lot) flatly denied that the Icon is retired. She doesn't know why Verizon is saying it is. But it is stilt available through MSFT.
    10-23-2014 05:44 PM
    This just in. There are no details yet. But hopefully, Microsoft will provide them eventually. Then we can see how well or how poorly the Icon sold.

Microsoft sold 9.3 million Lumia Windows Phones worldwide for 'modest growth' | Windows Central
    10-25-2014 01:20 AM
    maybe the "nokia" lumia icon is getting shelved for the "Microsoft" lumia icon????
    10-25-2014 07:46 AM
    I was in best buy yesterday looking for a case for my Icon, but every display in there was IPhone, not one Nokia, or Microsoft display other than one shelf for Windows software. so I walk though the mall to the cell phone case display, guess what they sell ? nothing for Nokia/Microsoft , but she had a belt case that fit the Icon, so I bought it before someone would tell me I couldn't use it for my Icon.. LOL
    Microsoft needs to put display in the stores, Tv adds are not enough.
    Thank goodness there is Amazon / Ebay.
    10-25-2014 09:07 AM
    I was in best buy yesterday looking for a case for my Icon, but every display in there was IPhone, not one Nokia, or Microsoft display other than one shelf for Windows software. so I walk though the mall to the cell phone case display, guess what they sell ? nothing for Nokia/Microsoft , but she had a belt case that fit the Icon, so I bought it before someone would tell me I couldn't use it for my Icon.. LOL
    Microsoft needs to put display in the stores, Tv adds are not enough.
    Thank goodness there is Amazon / Ebay.
    Unfortunately you'll run into this problem in ALL of the big box stores. They only offer products that they think will sell well. Until Windows Phone truly starts making an impact on sales, we will have this problem. And you are right, Microsoft needs to start pushing its Lumia product more aggressively. Yes, they have exclusive usage in shows like Hawaii 5-0, but people are more interested in getting to see Grace Park in a bikini than what type of smart phone Dano is using.
    10-25-2014 01:51 PM
    There could also be more hush hush reasons for discontinuing the Icon. That Microsoft-branded Lumia they just said they look forward to releasing "soon" might have something to do with it.
    10-25-2014 01:54 PM
    Well, here we go AdDuplex numbers for the latest 30 days ... STILL "NO Icon" listed

Latest AdDuplex numbers show Windows Phone 8.1 finally overtaking Windows Phone 8.0 | Windows Central

But the "sample size" is quite small ... and it says, from Oct 22, 2014 ... so, maybe this is NOT representative ... but, what else is out there?

screenhunter_1840-oct.-28-11.03.jpg
    10-28-2014 01:12 PM
    Well, here we go AdDuplex numbers for the latest 30 days ... STILL "NO Icon" listed

Latest AdDuplex numbers show Windows Phone 8.1 finally overtaking Windows Phone 8.0 | Windows Central

But the "sample size" is quite small ... and it says, from Oct 22, 2014 ... so, maybe this is NOT representative ... but, what else is out there?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_1840 Oct. 28 11.03.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	85911
    How about actual sales numbers? Like I said previously, AdDuplex is not a good metric to use.
    10-28-2014 02:30 PM
    If you go back through the previous months, the Icon is mentioned a few times shortly after it was released.
    In March it was 38th worlwide
    In April the Icon was 18th in the US
    In May the Icon was 28th or 29th worldwide

One other interesting number,
    the HTC M8 was 26th in the US in September
    10-28-2014 10:36 PM
    This. Carriers don't really reprimand reps for trashing Windows products. This is the number-one problem for Windows Phone. Microsoft should start sending its own secret shoppers to carrier stores.
    We must create a video about this on YouTube and hopefully it'll go viral!
    10-28-2014 11:01 PM
    They stopped selling it! I have an HTX 8x and my contract ends this coming new years. I want a new phone. I don't know what to do. VZW is my onl option because it's what my family uses. I was looking forward to getting a Lumia, but I guess I'll have to settle for the HTC M8 for windows phone. That phone is $200 on contract and only has a 4mp camera. I mean come on. That's ridiculous.
    I feel your pain, it's really disappointing to see VZW drop support for any phone after less than a year. For the record, and ymmv, but without cyan and assuming it would fix some of the major flaws when using 8.1 on the icon, I consider the 8x better than the icon. The only thing leaving is the camera but the overall experience far outweighs the cameras quality alone. The M8 disappoints me after becoming invested in wireless charging. Over been using an icon since May buy I'm moving back to my 8x. The 8x is really a great phone in my opinion. I'll try to sell my icon and wait for the next phone VZW makes available that is an actual upgrade.
    10-28-2014 11:43 PM
    I feel your pain, it's really disappointing to see VZW drop support for any phone after less than a year. For the record, and ymmv, but without cyan and assuming it would fix some of the major flaws when using 8.1 on the icon, I consider the 8x better than the icon. The only thing leaving is the camera but the overall experience far outweighs the cameras quality alone. The M8 disappoints me after becoming invested in wireless charging. Over been using an icon since May buy I'm moving back to my 8x. The 8x is really a great phone in my opinion. I'll try to sell my icon and wait for the next phone VZW makes available that is an actual upgrade.
    I gotta ask, as someone using the DP 8.1.1 on an Icon, what major flaws are you talking about? The 8X isn't near the same class as the icon. You were just trolling, right?
    10-29-2014 12:36 AM
    I don't like those phones. I think I'm just going to switch to Android if nothing new comes out.
    10-29-2014 01:17 AM
    I'll have to see. Thanks though. I really want a new phone.
    10-29-2014 01:19 AM
    That's what I thought, lol. I really want a flagship bad. The Lumia 1525 was supposed to be good, but I don't see any announcements.
    10-29-2014 01:21 AM
    That's what I thought, lol. I really want a flagship bad. The Lumia 1525 was supposed to be good, but I don't see any announcements.
    You can still pick and Icon up directly from Microsoft. Microsoft is still selling and supporting them.

Buy Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon - Microsoft Store

The rumor is that the 1525 will be announced in December

http://thisisnokia.wordpress.com/201...h-41mp-camera/
    10-29-2014 02:31 AM
    You can still pick and Icon up directly from Microsoft. Microsoft is still selling and supporting them.

Buy Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon - Microsoft Store

The rumor is that the 1525 will be announced in December

Nokia Preparing Lumia 1525,Lumia 1520 with 41MP Camera? | This Is Nokia
    The 1525 was a fabrication according to Daniel Rubino. And that extremely reliable wordpress blog you linked to is from October 2013.
    Zippier likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:58 AM
    The 1525 was a fabrication according to Daniel Rubino. And that extremely reliable wordpress blog you linked to is from October 2013.
    Hmmm... So it is... How about these articles from July 2014 and one from just a couple days ago? One written by the Rubino himself. I realize these are ALL rumors, but for the life of me I can't find where Rubino said it was a fabrication. I've Binged and Googled both, with Google bring up the new articles.

http://www.windowscentral.com/lumia-...-high-end-void

Lumia 1525 won't be T-Mobile US exclusive, rumored to sport Snapdragon 801 processor | Windows Central

http://gigjets.com/10/19431-nokia-lu...ft-lumia-1525/

If it is true, I still probably would not get it, only because I am not a phablet fan (say that 10 times fast). We ARE coming up on the holiday season, so I can see some more stuff rolling out in time for Christmas.
    Last edited by gernerttl; 10-29-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    10-29-2014 01:52 PM
    Hmmm... So it is... How about these articles from July 2014 and one from just a couple days ago? One written by the Rubino himself. I realize these are ALL rumors, but for the life of me I can't find where Rubino said it was a fabrication. I've Binged and Googled both, with Google bring up the new articles.

Lumia 1525 said to be coming to T-Mobile, possibly to fill high-end void | Windows Central

Lumia 1525 won't be T-Mobile US exclusive, rumored to sport Snapdragon 801 processor | Windows Central

There Won?t be a Nokia Lumia 1525 but a Microsoft Lumia 1525

If it is true, I still probably would not get it, only because I am not a phablet fan (say that 10 times fast). We ARE coming up on the holiday season, so I can see some more stuff rolling out in time for Christmas.

Ah! Here it is. It was buried under all of the ones saying the 1525 is real. But it wasn't Rubino who said it was false, it was the evleaks guy himself.

Nokia Lumia 1525: Disregard Leaked Release Date, Specs, Other Details, Says Leaker : Trending : Hallels
    10-29-2014 02:27 PM
    Ah! Here it is. It was buried under all of the ones saying the 1525 is real. But it wasn't Rubino who said it was false, it was the evleaks guy himself.

Nokia Lumia 1525: Disregard Leaked Release Date, Specs, Other Details, Says Leaker : Trending : Hallels
    Rubino has said it in multiple places on multiple occasions. It is, and always was, made up.
    10-29-2014 04:08 PM
96 ... 234