What is a good qi wireless charger?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the mini turtle dual case. can't be any thicker than a otterbox maybe even thinner I guess just have to try it and see what gives ...thanks

Well, then as long as the case isn't made out of some sort of metal, it should charge just fine.

Let us know how it works out!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in the nokia stand model anybody that has used wireless chargers how do they work with cases? I wouldn't really want to pull the case off everyday to charge

As long as they are not metal in any way and not really thick, you should be ok. If you have a wireless charger set your phone to charge, and slowly lift it up till it stops charging, then you know about the max thickness before you have an issue.

Any metal type case will cause QI to fail...

Bowlegz

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I brought a cheap one from Amazon, PowerBot I believe. It cost like $15.00 but it definitely got the job done, and quickly.

sealuva

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I paid $35 for my Nokia DT-900. Love how I can put the phone almost anyway and it still charges. I put a Incipio Dual-Pro case and it worked perfect with that on it too. I dropped the phone on a granite counter and it left a tiny little scuff and I was like oh hell no...Put the case on and like I said worked great. It charges my phone pretty quick too. I like the build to it as well. The only thing to consider is the proprietary adapter for it. Other than that it's fine. I ordered 2.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I would avoid third party chargers. Part of the qi speck is that it communicates with the phone to regulate charge strength and speed. So for example if the phones battery is getting to warm it would slow the charge down, same if it is drained completely dead it would start slow which helps battery life. I wouldn't trust third partys with putting this part of qi system in as it would cost more and most consumers wouldn't know any better. I think this is why so many third party chargers have had complaints of overheating.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have two DT-900's and a DT-910 and they all work great.

As far as cases, yes I can confirm that they will charge through Otterbox cases, as well as Incipio and TPU cases. As long as the case has no ferrous or other materials that interfere with magnetic fields you should be good.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nokia DT-910 from this seller.... I offered him $15 (he's asking $25), he came back at $20, I went back at $17.50....he accepted..., I had about $9 in ebay bucks from last month...cost me $8.50 out of pocket :)

I got it in today, mint shape, and was not in a box but, wrapped pretty well and was here in 2 days...

$25 or $17.50 anyway about it a good deal

Nokia DT 910 Wireless Charging Stand for Lumia 1520 925 720 920 | eBay

neilhoskins

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I have a question. Once the charger auto shuts off when the phone is charged, how does it turn back on again? What seems to happen in practice is that the phone charges, the charger shuts off, then the phone sits there (say, overnight) slowly discharging. The only way I can see to get the charger back to its charging state is to unplug it then plug it back in again, thus rendering the whole business utterly pointless, surely?

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree with everyone who said about the Nokia "name-brand" qi chargers. I myself have a couple DT-900's and a couple DT-910's and they all work great. The only thing that doesn't work great about them is my issue. I tend to knock my phone off of the charger as I'm rolling around in my sleep so I can't blame the charger for that. And before y'all suggest to move the charger I have no where else to move it to that I would still be able to hear my alarm etc so I need it in close proximity of me for it to be effective.
CGD

Francisco Larenas

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a VU Solo and it's excellent. It costed me 32 bucks on the Windows Central Store and it has some amazing guarantee that includes a stamp for free shipping in case of return. That's super useful considering I'm from Chile and shipping isn't really cheap at all from the states

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. Once the charger auto shuts off when the phone is charged, how does it turn back on again? What seems to happen in practice is that the phone charges, the charger shuts off, then the phone sits there (say, overnight) slowly discharging. The only way I can see to get the charger back to its charging state is to unplug it then plug it back in again, thus rendering the whole business utterly pointless, surely?

You don't say if you're referring to a specific charging device. With my two Nokia DT-910s, my phone always stays fully charged while on a stand, no longer how long it sits there. Both chargers are more than two years old and both still work perfectly -- charging is quick and easy.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

I have a DT900 and 910 and once the phone is charged it will stop charging. As the phone discharges it will start charging as needed. There is a LED light at the base and will turn on to indicate it's charging. Mine will blink on and off at irregular intervals indicating it's doing top up charges as needed to keep the phone charged without overcharging.

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
RavPower chargers seem to work really well. I have this Amazon.com: RAVPower Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6, S5, S4, S3, Note3, Note2,Nexus 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 (2013), Nokia Lumia 920, LG Optimus Vu2, HTC 8X / Droid DNA and All Qi-Enabled Devices?AC Adapter not included?: Cell Phones & Accessories that I got for $20.

It makes no buzzing or clicking, and the LED wont light up the room at night. I have it on my nightstand and cant even tell there's an LED on.

It also charges my lumia Icon at about 34% per hour.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos