03-26-2018 05:28 AM
38 12
tools
    hello all, i want to buy a wireless charger. and i was looking at these for for the look and the price

http://www.amazon.com/Koolpad-Wirele...pUvbUpU2814215

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Ultra-Sl...pUvbUpU2814215

can someone tell me their experience with any of their wireless chargesr? i dont know if its worth buying, but the convenience of just dropping it on a pad charge is really drawing me in. Thanks in advance for anyone who can recommend a wireless charge (at a good price) and any advice they would like to impart :)
    10-14-2014 11:08 AM
    hello all, i want to buy a wireless charger. and i was looking at these for for the look and the price

http://www.amazon.com/Koolpad-Wirele...pUvbUpU2814226

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Ultra-Sl...pUvbUpU2814226

can someone tell me their experience with any of their wireless chargesr? i dont know if its worth buying, but the convenience of just dropping it on a pad charge is really drawing me in. Thanks in advance for anyone who can recommend a wireless charge (at a good price) and any advice they would like to impart :)
    I do not have experience with either of the two brands above. But I have used some off brand qi chargers before. I'll tell you this, no off brand qi charger that I've used comes even close to the Nokia ones in terms of quality. Other chargers would get overly hot, would go in and out of charging, would sometimes just not work due to how finicky they were about proximity of the phone on the charger.

The Nokia charging plates and stands that I have do none of the above and work perfectly. I'd say look for a deal on those rather than spending your time on third party stuff.

Just my two cents.
    10-14-2014 11:12 AM
    Going to have to agree with the above. I own a Nokia plate and stand, as well as a no-name Chinese one. The Chinese one works fine but I noticed it takes much longer to charge than the Nokia plates. I think they also look nicer. Can't wait til the DT-903 comes out!
    10-14-2014 11:20 AM
    I bought 3 Nokia DT-900s from Amazon when I first got my Icon and they were running @40$ retail at that time but I bought 3 in "like-new" condition and got them for less than 20$ a piece and they all have worked perfectly

the chargers looked brand new when I got them, they just looked to have had been taken out of the retail packaging and returned and that was why they were sold at the huge discount
    10-14-2014 11:26 AM
    Amazon.com: Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand - Retail Packaging - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

You'd be buying from a third party vendor here, but you'd be buying a Nokia product. I'd recommend this if you're looking to stay under <$30.

It might be personal preference, but I definitely think that the stands are more useful than the plates.
    10-14-2014 11:26 AM
    I have a PowerBot charger:
    PowerBot PB1020 Qi Enabled Wireless Charger Charging Pad | soundbot
    They are relatively inexpensive and very portable. It actually charges faster than the Nokia chargers.(I have the plate and the stand) However, the Nokia chargers are higher build quality and aren't as picky for phone placement. My PowerBot is my portable charger, it has a detachable USB cable that can be plugged into any port that has power.(as always, low power ports will take a long time to charge) I can toss it in my bag easily, I can use a standard USB power adapter and I don't need to bring along the Nokia brick of a power adapter.
    10-14-2014 11:38 AM
    whoa, thanks for the info and timely replies. This is extremely helpful for me. yah i was looking at the chargers i picked because they looked nice, but after reading all of this, it might be better to put in the extra cash to get a charger i will be happy with. btw im looking for a flat (not a stand) charger since the places i will be using this charger really cant accommodate a tall charger

i will be consider buy only the ones you guys recommend, thanks again!
    10-14-2014 01:27 PM
    Stop by a local ATT store. They've dumped Qi and had a fire sale on Nokia wireless chargers. I picked up a couple a while back for $5.00 each.
    10-14-2014 03:20 PM
    I'm looking at this one. It's pricey, but I like that it's angled and shuts itself off after charging to 100%. Got 4.5 stars on Amazon with 244 reviews: TYLT VU QI Wireless Charging Pad - Windows Phone Wireless Charging - The WP Central Store
    broughshane likes this.
    10-14-2014 03:36 PM
    i use the "qifull" charger ! it was 22 in uk from amazon and I'd rather have it any day to the two Nokia ones I have. The one with my 930 took a good bit of placement and ok to charge, while the other was over heating the phone.(can't remember the make as it was free with the 925) Qi full not to bothered on how you place it and charges well for QI and very little heat. Yes there very handy but charge slower than wired now.
    10-14-2014 03:56 PM
    I'm looking at this one. It's pricey, but I like that it's angled and shuts itself off after charging to 100%. Got 4.5 stars on Amazon with 244 reviews: TYLT VU QI Wireless Charging Pad - Windows Phone Wireless Charging - The WP Central Store
    Use one at work and yeah, its pricey, but this one charges as fast as most corded chargers which makes up some for the price. The soft touch finish keeps the phone in place on the stand so you can tap away at it to dismiss notifications, etc without picking it up off the charger.

If your household is handy with woodworking and tools, or has a 3D printer laying around, several people have made their own tilted designs using the basic Nokia charging plates.

But yeah, the Tylt is nice.
    NancyAnnL likes this.
    10-14-2014 04:13 PM
    Stop by a local ATT store. They've dumped Qi and had a fire sale on Nokia wireless chargers. I picked up a couple a while back for $5.00 each.
    Good luck finding one of those, when that deal came up, it was all over the deal sites. I was able to score one of them but, I would bet by now, IF you could find one in a store, the only reason why is if someone just found it misplaced on a shelf in the back room or something.. Think of like finding a needle in a 3 mile square hay stack....

To the OP here.... the classic and one of the best out there, the Nokia DT-900....This auto shuts off when the phone is charged and is pretty slick over all. I have 3 of these myself....

$19.99 with free shipping in your choice of black or white. These are NEW not used.

Nokia DT 900 Wireless Charging Pad for Qi Wireless Enabled Smartphones | eBay

These did sell for $49.99 when they were new...
    10-15-2014 02:32 PM
    Good luck finding one of those, when that deal came up, it was all over the deal sites. I was able to score one of them but, I would bet by now, IF you could find one in a store, the only reason why is if someone just found it misplaced on a shelf in the back room or something.. Think of like finding a needle in a 3 mile square hay stack....

To the OP here.... the classic and one of the best out there, the Nokia DT-900....This auto shuts off when the phone is charged and is pretty slick over all. I have 3 of these myself....

$19.99 with free shipping in your choice of black or white. These are NEW not used.

Nokia DT 900 Wireless Charging Pad for Qi Wireless Enabled Smartphones | eBay

These did sell for $49.99 when they were new...
    This really is the best deal you could get on a qi charger. Reliable product at a good price.

Might be a good idea to get it before the 830 launches in the US. I think qi demand will increase.
    NancyAnnL likes this.
    10-15-2014 04:19 PM
    That first Koolpad Qi charger link shows just a generic rebranded Qi charger which can be bought from Aliexpress, ebay etc for $6-$10, i bought one cute, small, circular-shaped one from aliexpress for $6.35 shipped and it works fine.
    10-15-2014 04:32 PM
    hello all, i want to buy a wireless charger. and i was looking at these for for the look and the price.
    Always trust the best, trust Nokia (by Microsoft) even for accessories!
    10-16-2014 02:24 AM
    I am interested in the nokia stand model anybody that has used wireless chargers how do they work with cases? I wouldn't really want to pull the case off everyday to charge
    10-16-2014 06:35 AM
    I am interested in the nokia stand model anybody that has used wireless chargers how do they work with cases? I wouldn't really want to pull the case off everyday to charge
    While I don't have any experience with cases, because I believe they are beauty killers... I think I've heard that the Nokia qi pads charge through otterboxes.

What kind of case do you have?
    10-16-2014 07:42 AM
    You can get the DT900 for New on ebay often for < $20. Picked up 2 there in boxes which are great.
    10-16-2014 07:56 AM
    You can get the DT900 for New on ebay often for < $20. Picked up 2 there in boxes which are great.
    Look up 5-6 posts above yours, already posted that...

Anyway about it as QI chargers go the Nokia DT-900, is rated as one of the best out there and for about $20, you cant do better on a better quality device.
    10-16-2014 08:19 AM
    While I don't have any experience with cases, because I believe they are beauty killers... I think I've heard that the Nokia qi pads charge through otterboxes.

What kind of case do you have?
    I have the mini turtle dual case. can't be any thicker than a otterbox maybe even thinner I guess just have to try it and see what gives ...thanks
    10-16-2014 09:50 AM
    I have the mini turtle dual case. can't be any thicker than a otterbox maybe even thinner I guess just have to try it and see what gives ...thanks
    Well, then as long as the case isn't made out of some sort of metal, it should charge just fine.

Let us know how it works out!
    10-16-2014 09:56 AM
    As long as they are not metal in any way and not really thick, you should be ok. If you have a wireless charger set your phone to charge, and slowly lift it up till it stops charging, then you know about the max thickness before you have an issue.

Any metal type case will cause QI to fail...
    10-16-2014 12:15 PM
    I brought a cheap one from Amazon, PowerBot I believe. It cost like $15.00 but it definitely got the job done, and quickly.
    10-16-2014 12:23 PM
    I paid $35 for my Nokia DT-900. Love how I can put the phone almost anyway and it still charges. I put a Incipio Dual-Pro case and it worked perfect with that on it too. I dropped the phone on a granite counter and it left a tiny little scuff and I was like oh hell no...Put the case on and like I said worked great. It charges my phone pretty quick too. I like the build to it as well. The only thing to consider is the proprietary adapter for it. Other than that it's fine. I ordered 2.
    10-16-2014 02:58 PM
    I would avoid third party chargers. Part of the qi speck is that it communicates with the phone to regulate charge strength and speed. So for example if the phones battery is getting to warm it would slow the charge down, same if it is drained completely dead it would start slow which helps battery life. I wouldn't trust third partys with putting this part of qi system in as it would cost more and most consumers wouldn't know any better. I think this is why so many third party chargers have had complaints of overheating.
    10-16-2014 03:25 PM
38 12