Jump on Twitter to pressure Verizon to release the Cyan update

jwpear

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's make some noise! Tweet @Verizon and @VZWSupport daily asking for the Cyan update for the Icon. Add the tag #WeWantCyan.

This phone is less than a year old and it's an excellent phone overall. I'm fine with them discontinuing sales of the phone, but I expect them to support it and update it for at least a year. Anything else is just poor customer service.

I want the Cyan update to enable BT 4.0 LE (to use the Treasure Tag), SensorCore, Miracast, and the camera tweaks. I just upgraded from my 928 because those were advertised as coming to the Icon.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
In before the haters.

Listen, if you think that making a scene on twitter DOESN'T make a difference - then don't do it. But let people do what they want to. We Icon users are getting fed a line of pure bull from the companies that are supposed to be supporting our product. And that means we can be outraged.

I've tweeted Verizon and Nokia handles numerous times. And I won't stop.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I've done the same and sadly, it's total waste of time.

Companies that care will respond immediately and address your concerns. I've had great success getting results through Twitter including Verizon (not wireless), United Airlines, and Citibank.

I'm not saying don't do it, but it's falling on deaf ears. If you're lucky you'll get a link to a worthless webpage. I'm fairly convinced that we'll get the updates, but when it happens it won't have a damn thing to do with any pressure on social media. If they were doing things because of it, we'd have the updates already.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
In before the haters.

Listen, if you think that making a scene on twitter DOESN'T make a difference - then don't do it. But let people do what they want to. We Icon users are getting fed a line of pure bull from the companies that are supposed to be supporting our product. And that means we can be outraged.

Icon users should do the one thing that will have the best chance of getting a response - vote with your wallets and leave. They are happy to take your money but wont provide decent support? Such a company doesn't deserve your money, hit them where it'll hurt most. Even if its just a few thousand,, getting those WP users to leave will have the biggest impact.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Icon users should do the one thing that will have the best chance of getting a response - vote with your wallets and leave. They are happy to take your money but wont provide decent support? Such a company doesn't deserve your money, hit them where it'll hurt most. Even if its just a few thousand,, getting those WP users to leave will have the biggest impact.

Oh, I am. I'm out of there at the end of my contract in February. But until then, I'm going to do my best to be a thorn in their side. Will it get my phone updated faster? Probably not. Will it make Verizon look worse in the process? I hope so.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I am. I'm out of there at the end of my contract in February. But until then, I'm going to do my best to be a thorn in their side. Will it get my phone updated faster? Probably not. Will it make Verizon look worse in the process? I hope so.
I'm just waiting to see which models T-Mobile will be getting and then I'm jumping ship myself.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

C'mon InD,

Your Official Cyan thread had about 173,000 views and 2000 replies.
If that wasn't enough to make a scene, what could possibly expedite the process?

Sucks, I agree. But our voices are going unheard right now. Only time to make your voice known is when cancelling the contract...
Before jumping the gun, ensure your number gets ported over. Once it does, call in and firmly explain why you're switching carriers. That rude siht doesn't get very far. A modicum of stern words does though.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Why even bother asking for Cyan ? You should be asking for Denim....

Do you really want to go through this wait again just to get Denim (and yes, Denim is Cyan PLUS all the other cool extras) ??????

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Every time I've looked at VZWs Twitter and Facebook accounts there have been LOTS of questions and complaints about the lack of Cyan for the Icon. They are well aware. But it's good to keep the pressure up.
As for responses, they will only answer with botlike "how may I help you?" responses and redirect to their "News" webpage which contains nothing of value.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Done, we can't ask for Denim and it hasn't even been released from MS yet.

This is what we heard about Lumia Denim update roll-out. | NPU

Yea but, it will be next week according to the above page...and if that is true, that means carriers have had it in their hands for a while now. With the RUMORS floating around that it might be the end of the month to the start of the following month, that would be right in line when Denim is released....

So, maybe Verizon is holding out till Denim is officially released ?

Anyway about it, at this point so close to release, I would be pushing for Denim now, not Cyan.....

As I said above, I really don't want to be doing this wait again for denim....and just Cyan is unacceptable to me, Microsoft quoted the features we were going to get with Denim on the ICON and I expect those.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
True. I'm also considering AT&T. I'm just so sick and tired of Verizon's crap!
I briefly had Verizon when I had the 8x and Lumia 928...ive been with att since and honestly unless Verizon gets some super perfect windows phone, I would never go to Verizon for a windows phone.

If you are really considering it, then go for it. I've never had any complaints with the windows phone and this is a carrier who has supported the platform since day 1 and I believe currently we are the only us customers with cyan now.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
This is what we heard about Lumia Denim update roll-out. | NPU

Yea but, it will be next week according to the above page...and if that is true, that means carriers have had it in their hands for a while now. With the RUMORS floating around that it might be the end of the month to the start of the following month, that would be right in line when Denim is released....

So, maybe Verizon is holding out till Denim is officially released ?

Anyway about it, at this point so close to release, I would be pushing for Denim now, not Cyan.....

As I said above, I really don't want to be doing this wait again for denim....and just Cyan is unacceptable to me, Microsoft quoted the features we were going to get with Denim on the ICON and I expect those.

Maybe, who knows. But that's giving Verizon a lot of credit for being proactive instead of reactive. I just want an official firmware for my ICON, whether is one, both or a combination.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Carefull. T-Mobile hasn't released Cyan either. Make sure you get something that has AT&T roms for it as well. That way you don't get stuck.

Actually don't even do that, because you can't flash AT&T roms to non-AT&T phones, and non-AT&T roms to AT&T phones. If you are going T-Mobile, I'd try to save up the money to buy an unlocked phone outright that will get updates without the carrier in the middle. I know there is a 1520.3 out there that gets updates from Microsoft.

I actually think you'll see Microsoft start selling unlocked phones through the Microsoft Store as they get a bit older, like there are doing with the 1020 now. Hopefully we see them continue to sell the Icon, and they decide to provide support for it going forward.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
In before the haters.

Actually, making a scene on twitter is a lot more useful than making one on WPCENTRAL. The amount of passion for WP I see on this website is better directed to the carriers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo