Jump on Twitter to pressure Verizon to release the Cyan update

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
All the cell phone companies suck in one way or another. I believe T-Mobile has forced AT&T to reinvent themselves though. I used to think AT&T was the worst, but now I know its Verizon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
All the cell phone companies suck in one way or another. I believe T-Mobile has forced AT&T to reinvent themselves though. I used to think AT&T was the worst, but now I know its Verizon.
Networks aside, they all have their problems. A lot of people will have problems with Customer Service, you will talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers. If your happy with the network, pay your bill on time and don't call customer service much(pretty much ever), most people will say their carrier is good. You also have to look at from a aspect of how we are, we are update because of the lack of support on a device, we are up and arms about it (Verizon sucks) but, if you were the type to buy a phone for what it was, not worry about updates, besides a time to time bad rep when calling, you might actually think Verizon or AT&T was good.No company is perfect, you just need to pick a company that the issues are acceptable to you in this case, the past has shown, AT&T actually supports WP devices and Verizon does not.

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Networks aside, they all have their problems. A lot of people will have problems with Customer Service, you will talk to 10 different people and get 10 different answers. If your happy with the network, pay your bill on time and don't call customer service much(pretty much ever), most people will say their carrier is good. You also have to look at from a aspect of how we are, we are update because of the lack of support on a device, we are up and arms about it (Verizon sucks) but, if you were the type to buy a phone for what it was, not worry about updates, besides a time to time bad rep when calling, you might actually think Verizon or AT&T was good.No company is perfect, you just need to pick a company that the issues are acceptable to you in this case, the past has shown, AT&T actually supports WP devices and Verizon does not.
Good in theory but some of us purchased the Icon (in my case, it was free) from salespersons claiming the 8.1 update was right around the corner. With press releases from Windows claiming the Icon would get cyan and denim, one could see our frustration with Verizon (especially to those that signed a two year agreement). In hindsight, never trust a salesperson or a windows press release. I suppose we were naive.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Yea, I watched the podcast with Mary Jo Foley, Paul Thurott, & Leo Laporte.....Mary Jo Foley is pissed off... At least there is a lot of press now (she is pretty high up when it comes to MS news and issues being heard), so MAYBE there will be an official notice some time soon.

As for ATT, If they would MATCH my unlimited data for the same price, I would move over to them. Tired of this BS from Verizon...

I watched the podcast also ... Mary Jo is pissed as she both has an Icon herself and needs Verizon coverage in NYC. Mary Jo also has great connections with Microsoft ... so, it's only a matter of time before she gets the rest of this story!

NICE FIND !!!

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I watched the podcast also ... Mary Jo is pissed as she both has an Icon herself and needs Verizon coverage in NYC. Mary Jo also has great connections with Microsoft ... so, it's only a matter of time before she gets the rest of this story!

NICE FIND !!!
Weekly listener here, she has same sentiment as me... Now my choices are android or ATT.

What is missing is someone with influences at Verizon. As she said, Microsoft just deferred all cyan availability questions to Verizon.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as her, been looking at Android more lately. I hate to do it but it may have to be a option for me......

Verizon isn't really any better with Android, only good with iPhone. I'm more and more of the belief its best to just buy an unlocked and unbranded Latin American variant of the Windows Phone you want and use it on Cricket, all the benefits of AT&T's network with none of the strings attached, and much cheaper.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as her, been looking at Android more lately. I hate to do it but it may have to be a option for me......

I have said this before but even with the abysmal way Verizon treats it's customers and how the company marginalizes WP in general I still enjoy the platform much more than I ever did in all the years I used droid with versions eclair through kit-kat

I would rather switch to a carrier that actually gives a damn about WP than switch back to android

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have said this before but even with the abysmal way Verizon treats it's customers and how the company marginalizes WP in general I still enjoy the platform much more than I ever did in all the years I used droid with versions eclair through kit-kat

I would rather switch to a carrier that actually gives a damn about WP than switch back to android

Amen. As Thurrott said, I'd much sooner consider another carrier than any other platform. I'll stick with Windows Phone for ad long as it exists in the market.

Of course, I only have that option because I live in Chicago. AT&T has decent coverage here.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Amen. As Thurrott said, I'd much sooner consider another carrier than any other platform. I'll stick with Windows Phone for ad long as it exists in the market.

Of course, I only have that option because I live in Chicago. AT&T has decent coverage here.
I hear ya fellow Chicagoan. That's exactly what I'm gonna do as soon as the 830 comes to AT&T. Goodbye Verizon! I like your thinking btw, you must be a northsider!:winktongue:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the only phone you can count on getting timely updates from Verizon is the iPhones because Apple has a contract with Verizon that they MUST release updates on the scheduled day nationwide.

Wish MS had the pull to make this happen....in the PC world they do but, when it comes to phones, nope...

I've pressured MS and Verizon, in fact most of the posts here with the hashtag of #WeWantCyan I re-tweeted.... I'm @TheCoolDave

JBM425

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Just found this thread, so I'll start sending my #WeWantCyan tweets. I mean, we can complain all we want on this forum, but does anyone at MS or Verizon Wireless even know that WP Central exists? Twitter and Facebook are the only ways to get their attention. It may be quixotic, but what else can a VZW user do short of cancelling service? Now, if AT&T released their version of the Icon/930 with Cyan or Denim and 8.1, all bets are off...

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just found this thread, so I'll start sending my #WeWantCyan tweets. I mean, we can complain all we want on this forum, but does anyone at MS or Verizon Wireless even know that WP Central exists? Twitter and Facebook are the only ways to get their attention. It may be quixotic, but what else can a VZW user do short of cancelling service? Now, if AT&T released their version of the Icon/930 with Cyan or Denim and 8.1, all bets are off...

Microsoft reads this forum. Microsoft workers post on here and a Microsoft boss has posted here once

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Trust me, Microsoft knows by now that people are upset about this and still the fact that Verizon has not said anything. If you did get in touch with someone at Microsoft, even Joe Belifore, he would tell you to talk to Verizon, it's not Microsoft who decided to "retire" the ICON. In fact they still promote it on the Microsoftstore.com

This is 150% Verizon's fault and it's Verizon who will be the one to say anything on this subject. It still a shocker to MS press that Verizon has not said crap on this subject.

Does anyone really understand what "retire" on Verizon actually means anyway ? Is than an official discontinued or is that, just that series is not longer available but, the model is not discontinued (meaning it could get a re-release with Cyan/Denim)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)