how can I link a contact to calendar event?

bigtimeweb

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Im a new WP user coming from Android. Im still digging around for things and hoping you guys might be able to help.

When I make an appointment in my calendar - lets say a DR appt, I would like to link in the contact so that I have the map/location in the appointment - is this possible? I don't want to do the traditional invite to an event thing - just have the contact info there in my calendar.

My dream of dreams is being able to long click a contact and have an option in dropdown for add to calendar or some such - so that I have everything there - phone map etc...

Does this integration of people with calendar exist?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I personally didn't understand your question.
You don't want to "invite attendees", but you want to add people to an event (which is exactly the same) and have a location (didn't get which one, of the event, of the persons).

Also when you create an appointment, you add the exact location (address, city etc), you cannot pick from the map AFAIK.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
The OP wants to add the contact's *information* to an appointment, not invite them to a meeting. The example of a doctor appointment is perfect. You want the appointment to include the office address and phone number. This means Cortana can prompt you when its time to go; you can easily navigate to it; you can call directly from the appointment view if you'd like. If you have this information stored in contacts you should be able to fill the appointment details with just a few clicks. Even better, Cortana should be able to do it herself if you say "appointment with Dr. Jane Tuesday at 9am" or "I have to take the dog to the vet tomorrow at 6pm".

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe you can add places in Cortana, in your example it would be "Dentist" or "Vet", and when you add an appointment "Visit dentist", Cortana should understand when you should leave the place you currently are.

bigtimeweb

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
there is an app called Calender Calleague.
check that out.

thanks but this seems to be for call-in conferencing.

I believe you can add places in Cortana, in your example it would be "Dentist" or "Vet", and when you add an appointment "Visit dentist", Cortana should understand when you should leave the place you currently are.

This is close to what I am looking for. I certainly want the place identified for directions and such, but ... when I'm more looking to integrate the information from a contact into a calendar event so that when I click on it I see phone, map, email, or whatever else I have. I have tried setting a "place" in Cortana, giving it a nickname - lets say "doctor" - and then telling cortana make an appointment with doctor at 3pm on Wednesday. It certainly gets into my calendar but it doesn't recognize the nickname and link it in as far as I can tell.

Perhaps Chris_Kez is right that it cannot be done...was hoping sonmeone has gotten creative for a solution. I cant be the only one that wants to do this :|

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, you have to do it manually and put the full address in the location field. The calendar app is not linked with the people app. Which is kind of weird. Hopefully, that will get fixed down the road.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, they should really link Calendar, People, Maps, Cortana, etc so it is seamless across devices and the web. My concern is that MS will neither do this themselves nor open the OS enough to allow 3rd parties to do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett