Belfiore on VZ/Cyan Update

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
"VZW taking the quality seriously" implies either a) that Microsoft doesn't? or b) it's just a nice way of saying "it's Verizon's fault, guys".

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
good news...get the bugs out and turn it loose!!!

I'm sure it will be buggy just like most of VZWs releases....Instead Verizon uses bug testing as an excuse...but, the iPhone 6 came out and even the iPhone 4 got the new update...and Cyan was released MONTHS before...

More Verizon BS....

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it will be buggy just like most of VZWs releases....Instead Verizon uses bug testing as an excuse...but, the iPhone 6 came out and even the iPhone 4 got the new update...and Cyan was released MONTHS before...

More Verizon BS....

I don't get caught up in the "cyan" drama I knew going in with Verizon that updates take a bit....I could have went with an iPhone or the att way but I chose WP with vzw. the updates will happen just have to wait them out

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't get caught up in the "cyan" drama I knew going in with Verizon that updates take a bit....I could have went with an iPhone or the att way but I chose WP with vzw. the updates will happen just have to wait them out

Jesus Christ I agree. Cyan isn't going to turn the Icon into a solid gold brick that poops diamonds, its going to improve it a bit. that's it. And heck, people who have Cyan on other phones say they still have issues. Once we get Cyan it will be whining and complaining about not getting Debian fast enough. This is just my opinion, and i wish there was more communication from Verizon about why the update is taking so long, but people who say "i left Verizon becasue of this" or "i'm leaving Verizon because of this" either have so much money that's not a problem, or have become so enveloped and spoiled by our "instant" generation that they feel it's totally not crazy to leave a carrier solely based on how fast they get updates out
I REPEAT. That's just my opinion.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Jesus Christ I agree. Cyan isn't going to turn the Icon into a solid gold brick that poops diamonds, its going to improve it a bit. that's it.

Colmpared to WP8/Black, WP8.1/Cyan is practically a solid gold brick that poops diamonds. It's not a minor improvement. WP8.1 is more like WP9 than a GDR.

Most of here are on Developer preview, but that's not true for the casual user.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Colmpared to WP8/Black, WP8.1/Cyan is practically a solid gold brick that poops diamonds. It's not a minor improvement. WP8.1 is more like WP9 than a GDR.

I kind of hope Denim/Lumia Camera are a dud. Then I will be able to stay on WP8 comfortably without regrets.

Hang on a second, gotta go open my glorious panorama style Photos Hub...okay, back. Apps menu with games? Barf. People hub...without needing apps for every single thing. Phone dialer on a smartphone actually smart enough to have your contacts available (and clear UI/UX like "tap the dial button, not, tapping names will now randomly call people").

Hang on, gotta go shoo these kids off my lawn /old man skeered of change rant

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

So wouldn't you think the casual user would not know what they are missing? My rant was directed towards people who complain on here, but i completely understand an d appreciate your view. you are one i tend to agree with more and who usually beats me to replying to thing haha

Brenda Smeby

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I kind of hope Denim/Lumia Camera are a dud. Then I will be able to stay on WP8 comfortably without regrets.

Hang on a second, gotta go open my glorious panorama style Photos Hub...okay, back. Apps menu with games? Barf. People hub...without needing apps for every single thing. Phone dialer on a smartphone actually smart enough to have your contacts available (and clear UI/UX like "tap the dial button, not, tapping names will now randomly call people").

Hang on, gotta go shoo these kids off my lawn /old man skeered of change rant

I kinda agree with you. I've tried 8.1 do and there are some things that they changed that I didn't like. I like the Xbox music on 8.0 better and the games hub and how contacts are handled. I liked Cortana but found she didn't read text messages over BT so I went back to 8.0 and Indigo. I like having my battery last all day too. So I have really mixed feelings now.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I kinda agree with you. I've tried 8.1 do and there are some things that they changed that I didn't like. I like the Xbox music on 8.0 better and the games hub and how contacts are handled. I liked Cortana but found she didn't read text messages over BT so I went back to 8.0 and Indigo. I like having my battery last all day too. So I have really mixed feelings now.

Cortana does read text messages over BT. I do it all the time, especially when driving or using my BT ear piece.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Some of the BT devices don't support text-to-speech. Under the advanced settings in Bluetooth check the "Use an alternate Bluetooth audio connection for speech" box and see how that works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon