MS Sales Associate Says Microsoft Band Won't Work With Dev Preview

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot (28).png
Anyone have any thoughts on this? I really want a Band, but don't want to waste money if I can't have all the features until Verizon releases Cyan.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
He's right. You need the cyan update to enable the Bluetooth LE profile for fitness trackers. I had the DP on my L920, but could not sync to a Fitbit until I got cyan.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think at some point soon, the bands will be in the hands of users and you'll get a definitive answer. Sometimes it pays not to be first in line for a new product...

MatsuDano

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering this myself. If it works without Cyan, I can hold off switching to a 1520. Karpito, mind posting up a few pictures?

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought one, but it is on back order. I will let you know when I get it. There's free returns, so if it doesn't work and I'm not happy with the lack of features without the phone, I can return it.

RSailer

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I picked up one today as well and it works fine with my Icon on Dev Preview, thankfully! I was really excited about this band and I thought Verizon was going to be holding me back from getting one, thankfully that was not the case.

greyskytheory

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a band today from the Microsoft store near downtown san Diego. I'm using an icon with 8.1 dev preview. The phone and band work absolutely perfect with no issues. All you need is 8.1 on the icon. You do not need cyan. The rep at the store was not sure what cyan or denim was (pretty sad) but she got on a phone to verify if I needed cyan and told me I didn't need it according to whoever she spoke to. The her manager verified it...now I'm verifying 😊

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the band with the icon which doesn't have cyan yet (damn Verizon). It works but yeah it's a little gimped until we get cyan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa