Icon DP woes

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
having different issues with the latest DP on my icon

I used to have issues with WiFi signal strength being reduced (tried a new wireless router too)

Now I seem to be having issues with WiFi all together... to the point where it doesn't see access points at all unless I turn the phone off and turn it back on. It seems to see only access points from work when I am at home, and home when I am at work

Also Bluetooth seems to crap out on me, for example unless I reboot my phone it will not see the Bluetooth on my PC (this is at the same time when it doesn't see my wifi at home but has ones from work listed)

Verizon has seriously pissed me off delaying Cyan and More than likely denim, and now I run in to these issues. If it weren't for the fact that this is a work phone under a corporate account I'd switch to AT&T

every once in a while when I unplug from charging the phone stays stuck with the charging icon going on the battery.

I've had quite a few times where I cant play music in my car via Bluetooth... it just sits there, makes me pull out the phone and then open the music app on the phone and hit play

Just curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues.

zweible

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Yep.. Wifi issues for sure. No bluetooth or charging issues. Instead of turning off your phone, put it in airplane mode then out again. Seems to work for me.

chrisdaboss

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
My wifi is shot on my icon. I'm on the dp too. The past few days all my wifi devices connect to different networks and work fine. This is the second time it craps out in three days. Is it my phone, or just the OS? Since others have this problem I think it's more os than hardware. But it's getting on my nerves. Wat do? I really don't want to downgrade to 8.0. Lord no.

jschipmann

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
glad to see I wasn't the only one! was going to try a reset soon but not sure if it would help. spent all night installing the insteon kit I got off ebay (only to find out my thermostat wiring needed to be re-done lmao).

drewman77

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I find that if the phone goes to sleep for any length of time that the WiFi signal strength goes way down and never comes back up. I fix it by turning WiFi off and then back on.

It comes back to full strength every time.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I find that if the phone goes to sleep for any length of time that the WiFi signal strength goes way down and never comes back up. I fix it by turning WiFi off and then back on.

It comes back to full strength every time.

I have the exact same problem and solve it the same way, I'm on DP using a 822 Lumia with insteon app installed so far so good. Taking 1 step at a time i have one device running and port forwarding completed and next is a range extender, thermostat install.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the wifi goes weird for me too every now and then.
It will show wifi radios where I used to be rather than where I am and I usually just restart the phone.

Sometimes it goes days with no problem tho.
Overall I have liked Wifi sense especially once I no longer have unlimited data.
I will go around different places and sometimes find that the phone found a known public wifi from some list it uses and will be connected to it instead of my data.
It also generally manages the wifi at home and work a lot better than I did with my android phones.

Just every now and then it isn't connected as I expect and it wont even display the local wifi radios and I'll have to restart it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Something I've noticed with WiFi and the wake delay. When I am connected to my 5.8GHz network, my WiFi performance is not that great and I have the wake delay. However, when I'm connected to my 2.4GHz network, my WiFi performance is pretty decent and I no longer experience the wake delay. Of course I realize that 5.8GHz doesn't have the range of 2.4GHz but I notice the difference when I'm in the same room as my router.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett