Status of Cyan update changed to "Under Development"

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that I made the jump from Icon to the 1520 on AT&T and I could not be more pleased. I live in Jupiter and work in Palm Beach Gardens (South Florida) and I was afraid I might lose out on coverage, but AT&T's coverage here has been as good if not better than my Verizon coverage. In fact, when I was switching at the AT&T store, I was explaining to the associate helping me why I was switching, and he told me that he used to work for Verizon. He said make no mistake - Verizon has a great network - but he also said here in South Florida AT&T has every bit as good of coverage as VZW. Your mileage may vary - but I have had nothing but good coverage so far.

Besides that, I get to use the built in voicemail app, which is way better than the crappy Verizon one that only notified me when it felt like it and that I had to pay extra to even use.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to mention that I made the jump from Icon to the 1520 on AT&T and I could not be more pleased. I live in Jupiter and work in Palm Beach Gardens (South Florida) and I was afraid I might lose out on coverage, but AT&T's coverage here has been as good if not better than my Verizon coverage. In fact, when I was switching at the AT&T store, I was explaining to the associate helping me why I was switching, and he told me that he used to work for Verizon. He said make no mistake - Verizon has a great network - but he also said here in South Florida AT&T has every bit as good of coverage as VZW. Your mileage may vary - but I have had nothing but good coverage so far.

Besides that, I get to use the built in voicemail app, which is way better than the crappy Verizon one that only notified me when it felt like it and that I had to pay extra to even use.

Let me put it this way, I wouldnt leave VZW for ATT or ATT for VZW just because of an update. Especially 8.0 to 8.1.

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Let me put it this way, I wouldnt leave VZW for ATT or ATT for VZW just because of an update. Especially 8.0 to 8.1.

For me it was more than the Cyan update. I was sick of VZW's utter disdain for customer service and for the WP platform, not to mention their foot-dragging on updates. I was with VZW since they bought Alltel, and while their network is great, it's the only thing they have going for them. I can only vote with my dollars, and I choose to support the carrier who seems to give a damn about the platform I want to use and who, so far at least, has treated me like a valued customer.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
One thing I saw on the first page of this thread, it's not just the Icon. Some pointed out it's all the Lumia devices.

Well, heck -- it's the Lumia devices AND Samsung AND HTC.

ATIV SE
8X

Nothing. (also, note the Softcard boning going on)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon