new icon store display...

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I went to one of the local vzw stored today because I needed to upgrade one of my lines, they wanted an Android phone (the Motorola droid turbo, to be exact), but in the store they had a new display with a big sign that said new arrival, and on that display was the Lumina Icon.
It was a dumby phone and I asked the girl who was helping me about it and she said the display just came in yesterday. I asked about the icon being removed from the website and she was aware of that, and said she wasn't sure, and hadn't had a change to check them out, but she said the display just went up on Monday evening and they just started getting shipments of Nokia phones...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I went to one of the local vzw stored today because I needed to upgrade one of my lines, they wanted an Android phone (the Motorola droid turbo, to be exact), but in the store they had a new display with a big sign that said new arrival, and on that display was the Lumina Icon.
It was a dumby phone and I asked the girl who was helping me about it and she said the display just came in yesterday. I asked about the icon being removed from the website and she was aware of that, and said she wasn't sure, and hadn't had a change to check them out, but she said the display just went up on Monday evening and they just started getting shipments of Nokia phones...

Do you know if the dummy ICON said "Microsoft ICON" or was it "Nokia ICON" ?

Maybe I (and others) we right on one of the "through crap at the wall to see what sticks" that Verizon was going to re-release the ICON with 8.1...

Interesting, very interesting.... Anyone else see this display ?

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Maybe I (and others) we right on one of the "through crap at the wall to see what sticks" that Verizon was going to re-release the ICON with 8.1...

Whoops I really forgot to look at that, I'll try to stop back in tmrw if I have time, I'm sorry I was really not thinking...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Went to a nearby corporate Verizon store today to see if they had an Icon on display. Turns out, they didn't have a single Windows Phone on display. Plenty of Androids and about 6 or 7 iPhones. They didn't even have an M8 out running WP.

Then I made my way up the street to the corporate AT&T store. They had a whole counter with WP8's. Two 1520's, two 830's, two 630's, a 1020, the Windows version of the M8 right next to the Android version, both distinctly marked.

I know that mileage varies depending on a number of factors when it comes to retail experiences. Regardless, this spoke volumes.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site

This is very interesting please find out more info for us :)

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site

If this display is rolling out to all stores and isn't just an old display with old inventory, it will most likely not have 8.1 on the phone as 8.1 is listed in development still for the Icon.

But, it could be a sign that Verizon and Microsoft made amends.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
If this display is rolling out to all stores and isn't just an old display with old inventory, it will most likely not have 8.1 on the phone as 8.1 is listed in development still for the Icon.

Amends? Not unless the head of Verizon and the head of MS met in the middle of town square with the press looking on and they whipped it out and MS had the larger one would I believe AMENDS.

Edward_g

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Went to a nearby corporate Verizon store today to see if they had an Icon on display. Turns out, they didn't have a single Windows Phone on display. Plenty of Androids and about 6 or 7 iPhones. They didn't even have an M8 out running WP.

Then I made my way up the street to the corporate AT&T store. They had a whole counter with WP8's. Two 1520's, two 830's, two 630's, a 1020, the Windows version of the M8 right next to the Android version, both distinctly marked.

I know that mileage varies depending on a number of factors when it comes to retail experiences. Regardless, this spoke volumes.

I also went to an at&t corp store yesterday and found a great selection of WP's on display. The 830 with Denim was live as well as some others.
I have three WP's on Verizon.
It would be nice to feel as though the carrier was supportive and up to date and enthusiastic about the product that I happen to like. I haven't looked into a similar plan on at&t. Three shared with 4gb. Unlimited talk and text. Maybe I'll check that out. I've been too lazy to pursue the switch. If anybody has made the switch maybe they could give some feedback.

ryknown

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I visited the Verizon store in Phoenix at 24 street and Baseline road on 11/13 - Nothing new there. No Microsoft (Windows Phone) signage. I did see the 928 and 929 still for sale and asked if they had any other Windows phones. Of course, the VZ rep said "No, this is all we have." and that was it.

I'm hopeful to see more Microsoft phones and will check again next week since it's on my way home.

I have the 822 and Icon and like them both with the DP software.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

On the MS site (old Nokia) the 822, 928, and Icon all are listed as having 8.1 with Cyan.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
This is very interesting please find out more info for us :)

Anyone else notice that this person has dropped out of the conversation? I for one would have taken a picture of that display if I saw it.

I'm not believing a thing posted here without some kind of verification.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
The Icon is still on display here in downtown Denver. The store is on 16th Street mall which is very very busy. But I did not see the HTC One M8 Windows Phone.

VerizonIcon.jpg

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. It was blinking like crazy, but I didn't have time to play with it as I was already an hour late coming back from lunch. They probably thought I was crazy cause I paid my bill, snapped a pic of the Icon and ran out the store. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers