Help me decide if I'm crazy or not.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I know this sounds really far fetched, but if others are willing to try this, i would appreciate it. Since the weather is getting freezing, I bought a pair of cheap 99 cent gloves to keep my hands warm. I remember reading a long time ago that Lumia devices have that feature where you can change the screen sensitivity to high making it so you can "use the touch screen with most types of gloves" After enabling this and having my mind blown by how well it works, i also noticed that the phone itself seems much faster. (don't shoot me for that) Apps load faster, i no longer get the resuming when i unlock, i no longer have the unlock lag, and even the camera opens faster. I might just be crazy but there is a noticeable difference overall performance, crazy coincidence? i don't know try and let me know please!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well my phone mostly stays on high sensitivity all the time.. idk I just like the response time of the higher sensitivity

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Which is why i worded it as "tell me if i'm crazy" and not "hey guys doing this makes the phone faster!" It was a question, not a statement, no need to be a d!ck about it.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I could see that could be causing this is the screen registering your touches a little faster (having to press less of your finger on the screen prior to it registering the touch), hence causing an apparent increase in performance.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Definitely crazy.

Seconded. You are crazy. Seriously though? It might just be crazy coincidence. Mayhaps the lower temps are helping the electrons move from place to place faster to avoid the chilly conditions between the chips? Maybe you are the only sane person here...

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I think the reaction time of the screen might be a little different so as Darthbobcat said it may seem the phone is faster. But when it comes to cell phones people are a little CRAZY. I do believe in time the newness of the cell phone craze will wear off and we will all go back to normal. Something else will take their place and the world will be crazy for that, whatever it may be.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Seems faster when I switched back to low sensitivity! :-D But, yeah i don't think the touch setting will affect performance in a positive way other than it registering your inputs faster. I just know I'm liking being able to use my 920 with winter gloves on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans