I don't like capacitive buttons!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't be harsh, at least he wasn't riding a bicycle !!

At least (at worst) if he was riding a bicycle he'd more than likely be the one that got injured ( no I don't wish that on anyone) but driving he could EASILY kill someone and that would make him a felon and a killer.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a new 635 and I don't miss the physical camera button, and I find the phone quite easy to use one handed--either left or right. That's one reason I like smaller phones--much easier to one hand, like when I am walking the dog in the park. I actually wait until I'm in the park so that I don't cause any danger to myself or others while trying to walk and text at the same time! Seriously, more and more I see people obliviously walking across busy streets or down crowded sidewalks while texting. Maybe not in the category of distracted driving, but still dangerous.

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
You do know that in order to get a thesis approved at any US university, someone does need to check the punctuation? The coherence of an argument is not just based upon an idea but also the thought behind it and the presentation of it. In this case though a closer analogy would be telling someone that writing a thesis on the sociological impacts of gang activity in New Mexico and including a chapter on one's personal experience running drugs, burying bodies, etc., is probably not a good idea.

So you would believe that you would ignore an argument because he used a semicolon instead of a comma... I see where you stand on logical arguments.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've recorded a video while driving before in some really heavy rain (Oregon) I kept one hand on the wheel and just held down the physical camera button, and recorded i never even looked at the phone....

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I think capacitive buttons would be great if they weren't so close to the edge of the phone on the Icon. I think that's the main problem. When you cradle the bottom of the phone in your hand, your hand can easily trigger the buttons. If they want to do capacitive buttons, move them higher up or away from the edges. This is the only reason why on-screen buttons are useful because they're further away from the edges of the phone.

You know what would be cool is if you could reassign functionality of the buttons. LIke the 735 has no physical camera button but it was double-tap to wake. What if you could reassign the physical power button to being the camera button? Since there are only on-screen buttons on the 735, you could assign in software different functions. Or maybe move the volume controls to an on-screen slider and then assign power to the volume rocker. That way you could get back the camera button that's missing.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
How the hell are you holding your phone? I think I hit the buttons a few times by mistake the first week I had it, but since then I got used to it. Besides, with the camera button you only need your index and thumb to hold the phone and take photos, even from a locked screen.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Every once in a while, I accidentally hit the back button or search button. It's just the nature of the beast. I've used both kinds and I really don't find that one is better than the other.

Sometimes I even miss a physical keyboard... My first two smart phones were a Palm Treo and a Black Berry Curve. But not enough to want to go back.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
How the hell are you holding your phone? I think I hit the buttons a few times by mistake the first week I had it, but since then I got used to it. Besides, with the camera button you only need your index and thumb to hold the phone and take photos, even from a locked screen.

don't know what apps he's using. but if you use Skype Qik, that's almost impossible to do one-handed on the Icon. the record button is at the top middle of the screen so if your hand is cradling the bottom of the phone, unless you're 6'7", it's really hard to hit the record button. I guess they put it there so that people don't say they're trying to copy the Snapchat UI?

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
First smart phone i ever owned was the Motorola Droid X (not to be confused with the moto x) IT had 4 real buttons at the bottom. I freaking loved that.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I nominate you for the Darwin Awards.

You can't, he's not dead yet....

First smart phone i ever owned was the Motorola Droid X (not to be confused with the moto x) IT had 4 real buttons at the bottom. I freaking loved that.

Yea, I always had Windows Mobile devices (pre WP) and they had physical buttons. You get used to it on Windows phone but, I also would actually prefer physical buttons.

When playing a game, esp when it's a fast moving game, my fingers are always hitting the back button or something, and if you have a older "AKA never updated app, that a lot are" it crashes and you lose your place...

manudave

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 and I accidentally trigger Cortana about 5 times every day. Why can't they make the now-useless Windows button the Cortana button. I never accidentally hit that!!! The right side search button is just in a bad place!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos