Well my icon crapped the bed on me the others, I was stuck out of town and had to use one off my upgrades to get another phone. The guy at the vzw store keep telling me well you can find one offeBay, or try crageslist, but your due you don't have an extra phone to use until the insurance replacement comes. So again for the 15th time, "I'm more then 2 days away from home so that's not going to do me any good.
    I used one of my upgrades to get the Sony Xperia Z3v, and I'm totally missing the icon. I'm sure the icon is probably a lesser phone, but this phone brought back all the hater I had for the android platform.

Hopefully when I make it back home my insurance replacement will be waiting for me...
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-13-2014 02:42 AM
    No HTC One? No 928? Bummer.

​At least the Z3 is very saleable... Sorry to hear it all went so wrong on your trip.
    12-13-2014 08:31 AM
    nothing windows in the store. but this afternoon i talked to a windows rep on phone and was told that a replacement to the icon is on it way! but also i found a corp store with a couple icons in stock, so good bye Sony!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    12-13-2014 03:54 PM
    So just a quick note for anyone else out there that is over 245lbs, don't put the icon in your back pocket, because if you lean against a kitchen counter, you more then likely are going to break your phone...
    Also as I was in the store waiting to pick up my new icon, they had the iPhone 6 on display. However in the hour that I was waiting they turned 4 customers away and convinced them to buy Android phones instead. I know that the Android phones may be better (or have better hardware) but if the customers are in there wanting one phone that's the one they should get. It was very reminiscent of the treatment of Windows phone customers. I wonder what Apple did to cause this?
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-14-2014 12:49 AM
    The Sony is a no go?
    Sorry to hear about the ICON problems.
    12-14-2014 12:51 AM
    Thanks, I gave the Sony a very hard try, and I was really wanting to like it, the hardware was nice and it was a really nice phone. But I just could not get past the Android platform. But right now I'm back with a mother icon and I'm breathing fine. With the Sony it was just to much anxiety and hard feelings, it showered me all over again why I left that platform in the first place. Windows just seems to "fit" much better...
    RumoredNow and Guytronic like this.
    12-14-2014 03:20 AM
    ...they had the iPhone 6 on display. However in the hour that I was waiting they turned 4 customers away and convinced them to buy Android phones instead....if the customers are in there wanting one phone that's the one they should get...
    That is four unprepared consumers who did not do their homework before-hand.

​These Reps in the phone stores are more and more like car salesmen each and every day. I hear that there are bounties for moving devices in certain numbers and that they are paid by OEMs...
    Guytronic likes this.
    12-14-2014 10:25 AM
    Thanks, I gave the Sony a very hard try, and I was really wanting to like it, the hardware was nice and it was a really nice phone.
    I just returned an Xperia Z to the Sony store.
    Really nice device for being ancient in phone years.

Have to say I do enjoy my current Windows devices immensely.
    Sony's loss for not trying an Xperia on the Windows platform in my opinion.
    12-14-2014 04:24 PM