12-26-2014 05:08 PM
30 12
tools
    I have to disagree. From what I read it may have been quality control issues from am early batch of them.
    And even then, it wasn't that many relatively speaking. I got my Icon soon after launch and I haven't run into any of the problems a few people have had. We don't know why it was discontinued, and unless Verizon says why, we won't know. The fact of the matter, is that you can still get them from Microsoft directly.
    12-25-2014 04:40 PM
    I think the Icon is a lemon phone. One reason why its be discontinued....
    Reason why?
    12-26-2014 08:29 AM
    And even then, it wasn't that many relatively speaking. I got my Icon soon after launch and I haven't run into any of the problems a few people have had. We don't know why it was discontinued, and unless Verizon says why, we won't know. The fact of the matter, is that you can still get them from Microsoft directly.
    Same here - mine works as well as any other phone I have had and also as well as any of the other phones (Apple or 'droid) I deal with at work. I got mine about two, maybe three, weeks after release.
    12-26-2014 10:28 AM
    Same here - mine works as well as any other phone I have had and also as well as any of the other phones (Apple or 'droid) I deal with at work. I got mine about two, maybe three, weeks after release.
    I don't have problems. But I do recognize that my Icon is not functioning at maximum capacity. It's slower than it was on WP8, battery consumption is less efficient than it was on WP8, and it has the occasional freeze up/restart.
    12-26-2014 02:59 PM
    Yes, definitely DP without the matching firmware has been a bit of a love/hate. Wake delay & slow camera versus transparent tiles & backgrounds & Live Folders.

And I do acknowledge that others have had WiFi and severe battery drain issues.
    12-26-2014 05:08 PM
30 12