Why doesn't my wife of lights on her keys?

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
No lights on keys

The buttons on my wife's Lumia Icon are not lighting up at any point and she has battery life.

Is there a toggle to turn them on or off?

Thanks,

Anthony

revanthpallagani

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: No lights on keys

There is no option to toggle them on/off.
The ambient light sensor may be thinking there is enough light and that may the reason the keys aren't lit. You might have already checked if battery saver is enabled, if enabled disable it.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

There is no option to toggle them on/off.
The ambient light sensor may be thinking there is enough light and that may the reason the keys aren't lit. You might have already checked if battery saver is enabled, if enabled disable it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried to enable and disable battery saver but no lights on any of the buttons. I did find that if I turned off the battery saver brightness setting under display the buttons will light up.

I cant remember is this the default setting?

A.

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

The issue is the battery saver brightness under Display that you found. I had the same issue. Somehow that setting was on all the time even though the phone wasn't in battery saver mode. Once you switch that option off when the phone is not in battery saver mode the buttons should work as expected.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I did notice that switching it off did bring the buttons back. I also have an Icon and my setting is switched to on but I do not have the issue. She also mentioned that the ambient light settings do not appear to be working.

Hard reset?

A.

dunker2390

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, a hard reset never hurt. That is odd that yours had that option on all the time and works fine. It could easily be the light sensor. I know my light sensor is working yet that display option was causing an issue for my icon. Is funny how most of these little differences are probably miniscule sensor/electrical differences.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12