MS Store free icon

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in kind of. Called the local Microsoft store to see if they had any white icon's. The call gets routed to a call center where I'm put on hold and told they will call the local store and check for me. Oops must be busy cant get through. But they can check inventory remotely. Oops sorry they're out of white. Ok thanks. I stop by the store on my way home and sure enough they have the white so I sign up and take it. Get home to set it up and see that it is not charging. Tried three different plugs and no dice. But my wireless chargers work just fine.
I seem to recall someone else mention they had this problem. But the problem is not acceptable on a new out of the box phone. So I've got some time to check it out but this one needs to go back. Sadly. And for humor I asked the girl at the store if I break the warranty putting DP on? Well technically yes but I know we have taken care of people that have had a problem.
That kind of pisses me off because it's kind of like a nudge nudge wink wink deal.

I have to admit the Icon does seem to have more quality control issues than any Nokia Windows phone I know of, especially with the screen. But if you get one that does not have an issue it is the best Nokia phone out there. Might be a little bit of a pain at first though.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I broken down this morning and ordered it. My 928 started acting squirrely so I pulled the trigger. Hope I get a good one.

BSobotta

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between the Icon and a 930. I don't need any signal, I just need need wifi. My biggest hang up with the icon is updates.

I would pull the trigger on the icon in a sec if I could flash a 930 rom, Even if I lost cellular signals.

The phone just seems so amazing.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I have been going back and forth between the Icon and a 930. I don't need any signal, I just need need wifi. My biggest hang up with the icon is updates.

I would pull the trigger on the icon in a sec if I could flash a 930 rom, Even if I lost cellular signals.

The phone just seems so amazing.

Despite the Cyan debacle I am confident the Icon will continue to get updates (about a month after GSM variant). Verizon similarly skipped a big update once before in wp7 days, but then resumed updates afterwards. Microsoft is also still selling the Icon. Finally, Verizon is still updating 822 and that is long discontinued. If you live in the US icon makes most sense.

SoCoolMom

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Icon since June and am frustrated that I can't use apps for 8.1. Is the Icon going to get an update? What is denim?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss