Lumia Icon works on Straight Talk CDMA Verizon Wireless with full LTE

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Just spreading the word. I was shocked that the Straight Talk Kit from Walmart now comes with 6 SIMs. They come with Dual SIMS (micro and standard as a punch out) and nano SIMs. I opened the package to find 2 SIMS for AT&T, 2 for T-Mobile and 2 for CDMA. I put the Nano CDMA one into my Lumia Icon, got it activated and it works perfectly with full LTE. This is amazing.

I was posting this because I saw other threads about trying to use on GSM networks, but this works great.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I will once I get it working again. Turns out the guy accidentally got me a brand new number instead of porting my AT&T number. Regardless, on my new number (before the re-port), I had the LTE icon and was getting extremely fast speeds. I've never used Verizon LTE before but everything functioned as you would expect on a "normal contract" set up.

I will post my results once I get my number porting fixed.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Cool! It would be great to hear from someone that uses Strait Talk with the AT&T/ T-Mo GSM SIMs, if it works good it means we can use unlocked phones. I wonder how updates will work?

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool! It would be great to hear from someone that uses Strait Talk with the AT&T/ T-Mo GSM SIMs, if it works good it means we can use unlocked phones. I wonder how updates will work?

Not sure, but I don't see why you would even bother with it when you can get the full Verizon service for the same price and less hassle (what the Icon was meant for). I'm sure it'll work with T-Mobile and AT&T, but I've read you don't get full MMS and some stuff is limited (especially no 4G). My signal says LTE and my speed test results are 5.70 Download and 3.78 Upload Microsoft speed test.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism