Help Restoring Phone

Longstone

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully my situation is not unique. My wife had an 822 and upgraded to an Icon. The 822 received the Denim update earlier this month. Phone just got delivered today (12/26) and after the initial setup it didn't ask me to restore my phone. I know there is a backup I did 2 prior to starting the activation. I even wiped it twice after the initial setup and tried to force it to prompt me to restore and it isn't.

The limited research I've done indicates it could be because the 822 had Denim and the Icon doesn't have Denim until January. So my question is rather there is a way to force an update so the bride doesn't have to reinstall all of her apps or if I can enable the preview for developers, install the latest version it allows and then force an update?

Any help would be appreciated.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
AFAIK the only way to restore a backup is after a hard reset.

I got the option when I went from a 630 to 930, they had different Windows versions....but the same firmware (cyan). I wouldn't have thought it was a firmware issue?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Longstone

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
If I continue to do the updates (I'm on black now) and get it as far as I can with the dev. preview and wipe the phone would it will maintain the firmware version correct? Then "if" it is a firmware issue that should no longer be a problem and it would prompt me to restore the backup right?

Longstone

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
FYI - I answered my own question. I wiped the phone after the dev. preview did all of it's updates. This time through it prompted me to restore my backup. All is well!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon