Can any photography experts recommend camera apps, setting, etc for taking modeling photo's?

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Lumia Icon and I really like it. I haven't had time to play around with the camera yet. I'm very interested in doing some photography. Taking pictures of people/models.

Any experts out there can give me some advice on which camera apps to download, settings to use for these types of pictures? I don't care about editing. I would upload them to my PC and use photoshop.

Another quick question.. which is better.. video or camera? I ask because with video I can use stills.

Appreciate it! Thank you!

TheZuneLune

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Lumia Icon and I really like it. I haven't had time to play around with the camera yet. I'm very interested in doing some photography. Taking pictures of people/models.

Any experts out there can give me some advice on which camera apps to download, settings to use for these types of pictures? I don't care about editing. I would upload them to my PC and use photoshop.

Another quick question.. which is better.. video or camera? I ask because with video I can use stills.

Appreciate it! Thank you!
Your shots on the Icon are going to be limited by the poor flash.You will have to use another lighting source like a reflector or a continuous lighting source to get decent people shots. It is a real shame because the 928 had an awesome flash.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The same principles and techniques that are used with "traditional" cameras apply with camera phones as well. It's all about composition, lighting conditions and exposure. One thing you don't need to worry about is aperture. The Icon has a fixed aperture so you only need to adjust either shutter speed or ISO. However, because the aperture is so small in comparison to larger cameras, you will have a problem of blurring the background for portrait shots. Small aperture means greater depth of field (DoF).

The link that Indistinguishable provided is a really good start. You can also Google (or Bing) about portrait photography and using models.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte