The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-03-2015 12:13 PM
36 12
tools
    Theoretically, it should.
    In actuality, the ICON on Developer Preview hides mms options which some other Lumias might allow.

Denim may re-enable access point among other features. Alternatively, Denim may further hinder OS functions by restricting additional functions, per Verizon's mandate. It's just unknown until the firmware releases.

What can be said as of December 31, 2014:
    The Lumia ICON with Lumia Black firmware, running WP 8.1.1 DP:

is working with ATT LTE on bands 2 & 4
    does not provide options to set the mms apn
    Quick question here (may be bit dumb) but how do you know what is LTE band ? I tried looking up Upstate NY using dashboard but could not figure out what bands AT&T was using in my county (Albany).
    01-05-2015 02:21 PM
    Cricket's LTE is capped at 8Mbps down. Is the speed much slower if you don't have LTE?
    01-05-2015 03:07 PM
    Cricket's LTE is capped at 8Mbps down. Is the speed much slower if you don't have LTE?
    Well that is still better than what I used to get with crappy Sprint LTE and still paying same amount as Verizon / AT&T.
    01-05-2015 06:58 PM
    Well that is still better than what I used to get with crappy Sprint LTE and still paying same amount as Verizon / AT&T.
    Yeah Sprint is bad in a lot of places. But what I meant was, does it make much difference whether or not an Icon gets LTE on Cricket? LTE is capped at 8Mbps anyway. What's the speed if it doesn't get LTE?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    01-05-2015 07:07 PM
    Thank you for this thread, looks like I may try out to buy unlocked ICON and see if that works with my current Cricket Wireless Account. Any thought ? I was looking for 930 but looks like all you can get is unlocked international version.
    Looks like you're SOL Icon-wise

ATT uses Band 4 in Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY-PA. That's it. The remainder of their NY spectrum is through band 17, exclusive to ATT.

Verizon phones, including the Lumia ICON, are a no-go for ATT LTE in NY State.

However, T-Mobile LTE though the ICON is a yes for many areas in NY State, including the Albany area.
    Last edited by Surmisation; 01-06-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    01-06-2015 12:08 PM
    Yeah Sprint is bad in a lot of places. But what I meant was, does it make much difference whether or not an Icon gets LTE on Cricket? LTE is capped at 8Mbps anyway. What's the speed if it doesn't get LTE?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    4 Mbps over HSPA+
    Latency on Cricket hovers between 200-300 ms. It's slower in actuality.
    LTE on Cricket is really a must. It's why they are phasing out all HSPA+ phones from their current offerings. Moto G was supplanted by the LTE version. 630 by the 635. The list is ongoing.
    tgp likes this.
    01-06-2015 12:15 PM
    4 Mbps over HSPA+
    Got it, thanks! So HSPA+ is limited to 4 Mbps, but LTE runs at a relatively blazing 8 Mbps! But hey, it's double.

A colleague of mine switched to Cricket a couple months ago, and he likes it so far.
    01-06-2015 12:48 PM
    download nokia access point app and then goto settings towards the bottom will be access point. it will give you access to all settings. I have mms on my icon!
    01-08-2015 05:32 PM
    can you share your mms settingsi for your icon? I am planning to switch to cricket and I currently have icon myself. Thanks
    02-16-2015 11:06 PM
    Theoretically, it should.
    In actuality, the ICON on Developer Preview hides mms options which some other Lumias might allow.

Denim may re-enable access point among other features. Alternatively, Denim may further hinder OS functions by restricting additional functions, per Verizon's mandate. It's just unknown until the firmware releases.

What can be said as of December 31, 2014:
    The Lumia ICON with Lumia Black firmware, running WP 8.1.1 DP:

is working with ATT LTE on bands 2 & 4
    does not provide options to set the mms apn
    Hey, in Miami FL, here too, I know you're on ATT's bands but have you downloaded denim yet, if so, did you get mms working?

I'm thinking of getting an icon for tmobile
    03-01-2015 11:30 AM
    can you share your mms settingsi for your icon? I am planning to switch to cricket and I currently have icon myself. Thanks
    Did you ever get mms settings? Thanks
    05-03-2015 12:13 PM
36 12