01-27-2015 08:35 AM
73 123
tools
    I have an HTC Radar. I'm waiting..
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-10-2015 09:31 PM
    I have an HTC Radar. I'm waiting..
    If you've waited this long, you might as well wait it out until Windows 10! ;)
    Blu3V3nom07 likes this.
    01-10-2015 09:38 PM
    Thanks for all the posts so far, everyone!

I'm getting my tomorrow! Picked it up in near Mint condition for a good price, so I saved my upgrade. :)

I decided to save my upgrade for later if anything catches my eye, keep the Icon in pristine condition and sell it to pay for the upgrade cost. (Assuming the upgrade cost is around $300 +$30 Verizon upgrade fee.. I'll make up most of the upgrade cost by selling the Icon if it sells well still.)

I went from the 928 to the Icon. I'm not sure if it's entirely worth it. Battery life hasn't changed really, and the speakers are far worse than the 928. On the plus side, camera is better, and the screen is MUCH better. Honestly, I think I would wait if I were you. While I love the Icon, it isn't exactly the phone of my dreams
    Funny thing is, those are the two major things I care about most in a phone. :D

I'm still reading through the posts, but will try my best to comment back to you guys!
    Last edited by DanaOira; 01-10-2015 at 11:08 PM.
    01-10-2015 10:55 PM

I picked up a used Icon that was used once tomorrow!

I decided to save my upgrade for later if anything catches my eye, keep the Icon in pristine condition and sell it to pay for the upgrade cost. (Assuming the upgrade cost is around $300 +$30 Verizon upgrade fee.)

I'm still reading through the posts, but will try my best to comment back to you guys!
    Camera is definitely a big selling point for me as well in a phone, and that's one reason why I would find it VERY hard to leave Lumia phones. However, battery life on the Icon just doesn't really cut it. I'm not sure how it compares exactly to the 928 as I haven't used a 928 in quite some time, but I definitely struggle to get through the day. My next phone, I definitely want battery life that can last a true day and more.
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-10-2015 11:06 PM
    I think its an Icon issue. I had a number of replacements with battery issues. Finally got one that lasts all day.
    01-10-2015 11:20 PM

I'm getting my tomorrow! Picked it up in near Mint condition for a good price, so I saved my upgrade. :)

I decided to save my upgrade for later if anything catches my eye, keep the Icon in pristine condition and sell it to pay for the upgrade cost. (Assuming the upgrade cost is around $300 +$30 Verizon upgrade fee.. I'll make up most of the upgrade cost by selling the Icon if it sells well still.)

Smart thinking! Enjoy the Icon!
    01-10-2015 11:22 PM
    Camera is definitely a big selling point for me as well in a phone, and that's one reason why I would find it VERY hard to leave Lumia phones. However, battery life on the Icon just doesn't really cut it. I'm not sure how it compares exactly to the 928 as I haven't used a 928 in quite some time, but I definitely struggle to get through the day. My next phone, I definitely want battery life that can last a true day and more.
    Here are my latest 928 battery durations:

Recently, it's been:
    Full to 30% in 20 hours (completely idle)
    Full to 30% in 12 hours (occasional texts and social media)
    Full to 30% in 10 hours (social media and moderate camera usage)
    Full to 30% in 5 hours (heavy camera or GPS usage)

I think its an Icon issue. I had a number of replacements with battery issues. Finally got one that lasts all day.
    What are the battery issues you experienced?

I hope mine doesn't have that problem. :(
    01-11-2015 03:37 AM
    I'd suggest that you wait because MWC is really soon.
    01-11-2015 04:15 AM
    It's an Icon "issue" in the sense that the Icon and 930 simply just doesn't get great battery life, not an actual issue that they're having.
    Last edited by ajst222; 01-11-2015 at 08:11 AM.
    01-11-2015 07:48 AM

Recently, it's been:

It's an Icon "issue" in the sense that the Icon and 930 simply just don't get great battery life, not an actual issue that they're having.
    Quoted myself here ;)
    01-11-2015 07:49 AM

Recently, it's been:

The Icon's battery issue is just how the Icon is. They improved it with the first update in DP update 1 and with Battery Sense. It's about the same for me with your written findings, but if you use the phone a lot; switch between different apps; use the camera and gps, the battery will drain pretty quickly. Thank Nokia/Microsoft for integrated wireless charging.
    ajst222 and DanaOira like this.
    01-11-2015 08:09 AM
    Do you guys recommend getting DP for the Icon or leaving it at 8.0? D:
    01-11-2015 11:19 AM
    I just upgraded to the Icon from an 822 - 1st thing I did was put the DP on it. I've been using the DP since day 1 - I couldn't go back to 8.0 <shudder>

The delay in unlocking is a tad annoying, but as I've said in other threads, the good about this phone FAR outweighs any minor issues.
    01-11-2015 11:22 AM
    I think you made a good move. I think that, even if a new flagship is announced, you'll be happy with the Icon for quote awhile. Unless you have to have the latest on Day 1, you can use the Icon for awhile and let flagship price come down a tad.
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-11-2015 11:27 AM
    I'd say definitely get the DP. Who knows when we'll get the Denim update from Verizon and it's a great update.

And what are these battery issues I'm reading here. My Icon seems to have the better battery life than the Lumia 900 did.
    01-11-2015 12:47 PM
    I use DP on mine. There is a wake delay of a couple of seconds when you are connected with WiFi that, as mentioned, is annoying.

The camera seems a tad slower with DP to me as well, but the rest of DP has been pure goodness.
    01-11-2015 01:13 PM
    Yes, very much so. Best thing is charge it for a good couple ours till full.
    do a full reset of the phone (from the reset in the phone, not the Recovery Tool), and do not restore any backups yet, leave it plugged in and make sure you have good WiFi connection.
    Check for updates a couple of times to make sure you have any official updates that were released by VZW.

Then install DP App and enroll, check for updates till you see it and run it, when it's finished, do not restore anything
    Check a few more times to make sure you have all the updates. Their may be more than one or 2. can't remember.
    Reset the phone again, and then try the restore of apps, texts, etc.

That is what I did and I have 2 and neither one have the issues others complain about.
    Also, I did it when DP was first released, the subsequent updates I just ran them, I did not do the resets etc.

I have the delay in starting the phone from when it sleeps for a while, not a big deal though.
    It's not as horrible as people love to make it out to be.
    There is no Glance, but I never saw the real need for Glance, it's a nice feature, but not a must have feature.
    If I had it I might use it, but, 1.) at the time it didn't show enough info. 2.) the pictures were low grade garbage.
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-11-2015 02:26 PM
    Weeks away from what may be a revealing look at planned hardware releases this year: I'm holding on to the Icon. The phone I'm waiting for: 1520 replacement running 10.
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-11-2015 02:38 PM
    Got the Icon today. Loving it!

But I think the battery was tricking me because it was at 90%, so I did a reset and now that it's on the charging plate, it says its battery is low.

Never seen this happen before. How odd.
    01-11-2015 04:54 PM

But I think the battery was tricking me because it was at 90%, so I did a reset and now that it's on the charging plate, it says its battery is low.

I've seen resets do that to a battery. Let it charged all the way up and you should be fine.
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-11-2015 04:56 PM

Do not use the charging plate during the update, use a USB plugged into the wall, not a PC either.
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-11-2015 05:42 PM
    I've seen resets do that to a battery. Let it charged all the way up and you should be fine.
    A soft reset fixed the stuck low battery screen. Yay :)
    SpaceyO likes this.
    01-11-2015 05:59 PM
    Definitely go for the DP. Not even a question
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-11-2015 06:16 PM
    Do not use the charging plate during the update, use a USB plugged into the wall, not a PC either.
    Why not use a charging plate?
    01-11-2015 06:16 PM
    Weeks away from what may be a revealing look at planned hardware releases this year: I'm holding on to the Icon. The phone I'm waiting for: 1520 replacement running 10.
    That's what I'm waiting for as well! And Microsoft better cut it with the carrier exclusives.
    01-11-2015 06:17 PM
73 123