01-27-2015 08:35 AM
73 123
tools
    I think you made a good move. I think that, even if a new flagship is announced, you'll be happy with the Icon for quote awhile. Unless you have to have the latest on Day 1, you can use the Icon for awhile and let flagship price come down a tad.
    As long as the Icon's photos still rival the latest phones, I'll be happy. :3 I'm not much of a power phone user. Just your amateur photo taker. :D
    aximtreo likes this.
    01-11-2015 10:56 PM
    As long as the Icon's photos still rival the latest phones, I'll be happy. :3 I'm not much of a power phone user. Just your amateur photo taker. :D
    I'm sure it will. I'm about 3 days into my 930, and the picture quality is much better than I expected it to be. Then, when Denim comes, it will be even better.
    01-12-2015 07:07 AM
    What types of photos do you take? I can upload a few that I've taken with my Icon to show the picture quality.
    01-12-2015 09:08 AM

It's definitely fair to say that the Icon's photos are probably better than the latest phones
    01-12-2015 09:11 AM
    While the 928's camera is better than the Icon in low light, in virtually every other scenario I have found the icon's camera delivers much better results.

Overall the Icon is a large step up from the 928.
    01-12-2015 09:14 AM
    I'm sure it will. I'm about 3 days into my 930, and the picture quality is much better than I expected it to be. Then, when Denim comes, it will be even better.
    I haven't taken enough pics with my Icon yet, but I'll definitely take more when my case and screen protectors come in. :)

And yayy. Can't wait for Denim! I finished putting DP 8.1 on my phone, so I'm happy Cortana is back. ^_^

What types of photos do you take? I can upload a few that I've taken with my Icon to show the picture quality.
    I mostly take photos of architecture when I'm out in SF or LA. Lots of photos/videos of my rabbit when he's running around my apartment and he's quick, so I need something to keep up with him. The rest are the usual foodie pics. Not really into selfies, though. :)

Oh, and I take a lot of pictures of lecture slides and notes in class as well as textbook problems, so being able to capture text clearly is really important for me.

It's definitely fair to say that the Icon's photos are probably better than the latest phones
    Yay, good to hear! My guy friends will like to test it out for group pics then. :D They were always so surprised with my 928's camera. :3

While the 928's camera is better than the Icon in low light, in virtually every other scenario I have found the icon's camera delivers much better results.

Overall the Icon is a large step up from the 928.
    Nice! I'll be taking them both for test runs when I get my case and screen protector for the Icon. :)

Did some text photo comparisons of my Surface and they both look pretty good. Need to adjust the Icon's settings from stock.

Icon

929.jpg

928.jpg

RIP my awesome 928! You survived concrete 3 times, but you met your match with a wooden floor. >.<~

rip928.png
    Last edited by DanaOira; 01-12-2015 at 11:44 AM.
    Kieta likes this.
    01-12-2015 11:30 AM
    The camera is awesome on the Icon, but the thing I love most is the camera does both JPEG & RAW format, so when you export your photos you can edit them in Photoshop or Lightroom. Granted it's not as good as a decent DSLR, but for a on-the-go camera and the capability of editing RAW format, it's a win-win for me.
    DanaOira and ajst222 like this.
    01-12-2015 01:56 PM
    There is a "post your pics" thread in the 930 forum. Take a look at those - there are some pretty awesome pics in that one.
    Last edited by gordonfink; 01-13-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    DanaOira and Jon Hemphill like this.
    01-13-2015 10:01 AM
    The camera is awesome on the Icon, but the thing I love most is the camera does both JPEG & RAW format, so when you export your photos you can edit them in Photoshop or Lightroom. Granted it's not as good as a decent DSLR, but for a on-the-go camera and the capability of editing RAW format, it's a win-win for me.
    I'll definitely look into that. I wanted to get more serious with my photo taking once I got the Icon. Play around a bit with the photo settings before moving up to DSLR. :)

There is a "post your pics" thread in the 930 forum. Take a look at those - there are some pretty awesome pics in that one.
    Thanks, Gordon! I'll check it out. :D
    01-13-2015 12:59 PM
    I'll definitely look into that. I wanted to get more serious with my photo taking once I got the Icon. Play around a bit with the photo settings before moving up to DSLR. :)
    As someone who is actually a(n amateur) photographer, I can really appreciate the Icon's camera, and the ability to shoot in RAW is awesome. I honestly don't think I could go onto a non Lumia smartphone because I've been so spoiled with the cameras.
    01-13-2015 01:39 PM
    As someone who is actually a(n amateur) photographer, I can really appreciate the Icon's camera, and the ability to shoot in RAW is awesome. I honestly don't think I could go onto a non Lumia smartphone because I've been so spoiled with the cameras.
    I know what you mean! I've always taken photos with decent Canon p&s cameras, so I'm very picky with my camera and usually stay with the same brand.

So far, I haven't felt the need to leave Nokia's camera phones yet. :)
    01-13-2015 03:39 PM
    I know what you mean! I've always taken photos with decent Canon p&s cameras, so I'm very picky with my camera and usually stay with the same brand.

So far, I haven't felt the need to leave Nokia's camera phones yet. :)

One of the reasons that attracted me to my first Lumia 928 from my BlackBerry Z10 was the camera. Obviously BlackBerry still doesn't have a good camera in their phones today, but in general, I don't feel that anything can compete with PureView
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-13-2015 05:42 PM
    One of the reasons that attracted me to my first Lumia 928 from my BlackBerry Z10 was the camera. Obviously BlackBerry still doesn't have a good camera in their phones today, but in general, I don't feel that anything can compete with PureView
    The 928's camera specs pulled me over from the 'droid side. I'm a very amateur/casual photographer, and I can't really process as I'm slight red/green colorblind, but I do like to exercise my creative side now and then.

Really anxious to experience the camera improvements in Denim... That reminds me though, have a bunch of pics to add to the Icon photo thread.
    ajst222 and DanaOira like this.
    01-13-2015 06:50 PM
    01-15-2015 04:45 PM
    Alrighty DanaOira and ajst222 - Here's my most recent fun with my Icon....
    Thanks for sharing! Your shots are amazing. :D

I just got my ArmorSuit and case for my Icon today. Waiting on the skin to dry before I can turn the phone on again. Then I'll be able to test out some photos with the phone protected. :) :)

Your shots inspired me. So excited!
    dkediger likes this.
    01-15-2015 07:40 PM
    Here are some of the photos I've taken with my Icon over the course of last year.

Pics taken with my Icon
    DanaOira likes this.
    01-16-2015 02:37 PM
    Here are some of the photos I've taken with my Icon over the course of last year.

Pics taken with my Icon
    Thanks for sharing. The low light photos you took look really great. :D
    Jon Hemphill likes this.
    01-16-2015 03:40 PM
    Thanks for sharing. The low light photos you took look really great. :D
    Icon in low light is excellent, however, I think the 928 is actually a little bit better in low light. Granted, I haven't used the 928 in a long time, but when I got the Icon, I did a camera comparison and I remember that was my impression.
    01-16-2015 06:31 PM

Pics taken with my Icon
    Not sure what is more impressive - your pics, or the fact that you're always out for cocktails with friends.
    01-16-2015 09:54 PM
    Thanks for sharing! Your shots are amazing. :D

I just got my ArmorSuit and case for my Icon today. Waiting on the skin to dry before I can turn the phone on again. Then I'll be able to test out some photos with the phone protected. :) :)

Your shots inspired me. So excited!
    What was the case you got? I have the Incipio Feather and it's OK but chipped of the corner already. It's already a heavy phone don't want anything to thick and heavy...
    01-16-2015 10:06 PM
    What was the case you got? I have the Incipio Feather and it's OK but chipped of the corner already. It's already a heavy phone don't want anything to thick and heavy...
    Pictures of my Icon with case:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post2941746

My Amazon review of it:
    Good case. Lip/bumper around screen needs to be thicker.

The product:
    Nokia Lumia 929 930 Nokia Lumia Icon (clear) case AnoKe@ (Inbuilt Dust Plug for Earphone Jack and Charging Port) Slim Fit Semitransparent TPU Frosted Soft Phone Cover Case (Koppu Clear)
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-17-2015 02:25 AM
    Not sure what is more impressive - your pics, or the fact that you're always out for cocktails with friends.
    Thanks, but then this was over the course of a year - but it does seem like when I'm hanging out with friends we somehow end up drinking cocktails. :)
    01-17-2015 10:57 AM
    I have a 928, my wife has an Icon. I would definitely say the Icon far surpasses the 928. The camera is much better, especially for low light or videos. Her screen is much brighter white than mine as well. In a side to side comparison with everything set equal, my screen looks yellowish and hers pure white. However, she does have wifi and bluetooth issues that I never see.

I am due for an upgrade in May, but will likely not upgrade in order to wait and see what/where the next flagship is.
    01-27-2015 08:35 AM
73 123